Sign in to follow this  
clive6354

ACTIVATION ISSUE

Hello

I have been using PMDG aircraft (737, 747) for several months with my current version of P3D4.1.  Today, I started to load the 737 and it requested the activation code.  I entered the code but it was not accepted.  I also have the same problem if i try to load the 747 aircraft.

Order Numbers 386805 &386804

Advice required please

Clive Alexander

Please open a support ticket using the URL on my signature to look at it.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Thank you for your reply.  I have resolved the problem

I am using Malwarebytes and Windows 10 Defender,  In the past few days I had also installed RAPPORT which is an advanced protection for online banking.  Wondering if this had any impact on my system I decided to delete and re-install Malwarebytes, Defender and RAPPORT individually in an attempt to see if I could locate which of the programs (if any) was causing the problem.  I was unable to locate which program was causing the problem but after re-install of Malwarebytes, Defender and RAPPORT the problem was resolved.  I also took the opportunity to add exclusions within Malwarebytes

14 minutes ago, clive6354 said:

I am using Malwarebytes and Windows 10 Defender,  In the past few days I had also installed RAPPORT which is an advanced protection for online banking.  Wondering if this had any impact on my system I decided to delete and re-install Malwarebytes, Defender and RAPPORT individually in an attempt to see if I could locate which of the programs (if any) was causing the problem.  I was unable to locate which program was causing the problem but after re-install of Malwarebytes, Defender and RAPPORT the problem was resolved.  I also took the opportunity to add exclusions within Malwarebytes

AV and other "protection" software getting in the way of legitimate program function. Wish I could say I was surprised.

In reality, Defender alone is more than enough. Provided you don't regularly visit sites that are shady and could contain malware, it's unlikely you're going to get much that Rapport is going to help with, which is of important note, given how incredibly broad their EULA is (have a look at it and see how much latitude you're giving them to take control of stuff on your system - it is, in my opinion, quite unnerving). There are many people in the security realm who like to prey on people's mistrust and fear of data and identity theft. The reality is that people are going after businesses where they can compromise quite a lot of data (like the Equifax breach, and OPM breach before that). Yes, individuals are at risk, but be reasonable. Your computer is just like your house. You don't need 4 different security systems, a security guard, and a hypoallergenic bubble in most circumstances. Locked doors, in many areas, are enough. From there, perhaps a security system that you tailor to your house (important, as many simply install AV and expect it to allow everything to work on their comp).

Full names - first and last - in the forum, please.

Kyle Rodgers

Thank you for your observations....I did wonder about RAPPORT I will do further reading

Clive Alexander

5 minutes ago, clive6354 said:

Thank you for your observations....I did wonder about RAPPORT I will do further reading

Welcome - sorry for the rant. Programs running in the security theatre realm tend to give me a number of headaches here, so it's nothing but frustration to me.

...and this is coming from a guy who used to teach Security+ to various orgs, businesses, and the military.

Kyle Rodgers

I had to remove Rapport from my  computer it caused me numerous problems,

with both PMDG and FS Labs even CTDs

Derek C.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg