Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

ENVSHADE released.

There will be no benefit if you are already using PTA with a preferred preset.  As I understand it, the presets come pre-defined with ENVSHADE so if you don't want to tinker about yourself, then it's a collection of presets you can add as you wish

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, TrentXWB said:

Small question. If one already own PTA, what other reasons are there to get Envshade?

No more tweaking

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Just now, DJJose said:

No more tweaking

Saw that video and with all promotional material it looks great. But I still didnt get the whole idea on how the product works. A tutorial video would be awesome. 

Can you elaborate about not needing to tweak? How does it work exactly? does it work like ASCA, true dynamic?

8 minutes ago, TrentXWB said:

Saw that video and with all promotional material it looks great. But I still didnt get the whole idea on how the product works. A tutorial video would be awesome. 

Can you elaborate about not needing to tweak? How does it work exactly? does it work like ASCA, true dynamic?

I think that in order to get the full value of this addon you need ENVTEX. I downloaded their user's manual from the product page and it does a good job explaining how ENVTEX along with the preset shaders enhance the flight experience. If you have ASCA it integrates nicely with dynamic & global modes. Check out their manual.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

15 minutes ago, TrentXWB said:

Think of Envshade like a PTA preset you can't tweak, which was made solely to "lock down" their settings so people couldn't steal them or modify. So you just apply a locked down PTA preset.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

With all due respect to the developers, I just find that the more modifications made to P3D v4 with "eye candy" just seem to invite more issues when upgrading the platform. I just try to stick with the basics...maybe mesh and landclass..all this shader stuff is foreign to me and I think brings on grief later on...just my input. Maybe I'm completely wrong and if I can be educated, please do. Regards, Peter Webber.

• Upvote 2

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X

1 hour ago, TrentXWB said:

Small question. If one already own PTA, what other reasons are there to get Envshade?

Basic query - if you have PTA installed/running, presumably to go to Envshade you need to disable or uninstall PTA?

Anyone got Envshade, & is that aspect explained?

T45

So basically, its like you are buying a PTA preset but without the need for the PTA software.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, shaheen said:

So basically, its like you are buying a PTA preset but without the need for the PTA software.

That's how I see it.

I have PTA and Matts preset = job done for me.

• Upvote 3

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

16 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

With all due respect to the developers, I just find that the more modifications made to P3D v4 with "eye candy" just seem to invite more issues when upgrading the platform. I just try to stick with the basics...maybe mesh and landclass..all this shader stuff is foreign to me and I think brings on grief later on...just my input. Maybe I'm completely wrong and if I can be educated, please do. Regards, Peter Webber.

Shader modifications don't create issues as you can restore original shaders at any time.  There is no grief about adding a shader mod - and the results are truly amazing.  I use PTA and it is without doubt one of the best modifications I could have made to my sim.  If you are only sticking to mesh and landclass to enhance your sim, you are missing out.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Peter Webber said:

If this is how you feel you should go for a freeware like Re-Shade, it is independent of which version of PD3 you use as it uses DX11 code directly on your GPU.

This is what I use:cool:.

Regards,
Simbol

56 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I think that in order to get the full value of this addon you need ENVTEX. I downloaded their user's manual from the product page and it does a good job explaining how ENVTEX along with the preset shaders enhance the flight experience. If you have ASCA it integrates nicely with dynamic & global modes. Check out their manual.

This is also my understanding, I am not 100% sure but I think ENVSHADE is an add-on to ENVTEX.

Regards,
Simbol