Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

ENVSHADE released.

Guys, this is a thread on the release of ENVSHADE - not a discussion on Reshade and PTA - 

lets stay on topic please.

Vic

• Upvote 4

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Hi Maxime,

Tried to login to your support forum on my issue - no joy - I reset my passwd on the link to proboards three times - still can't get in for support...

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

41 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Guys, this is a thread on the release of ENVSHADE - not a discussion on Reshade and PTA - 

lets stay on topic please.

Vic

Considering how closely their functions are related, plus the two developers had to come to an agreement because they were overlapping so much; https://www.facebook.com/MattDaviesHD/posts/1590030074391418 -- I'd say some leniency is in order? 

• Upvote 3

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

9 minutes ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Maxime,

Tried to login to your support forum on my issue - no joy - I reset my passwd on the link to proboards three times - still can't get in for support...

Regards,
Scott

Scott, ENVTEX is not yet integrated to ENVDIR, only with ENVSHADE at this time.

• Upvote 1

Roland

MSFS my local airport release: LFOR Chartres-Metropole

MSFS Plugins RAAS (registered FSUIPC7 required)

MSFS FX for Objects & Landmark in France (Steam and smoke) and Aerial coverage for French nuclear sites

5 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Considering how closely their functions are related, plus the two developers had to come to an agreement because they were overlapping so much; https://www.facebook.com/MattDaviesHD/posts/1590030074391418 -- I'd say some leniency is in order? 

Umm - that was between PTA and ENVSHADE - not RESHADE and PTA. The latter discussion has no place in this thread.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Just now, vgbaron said:

Umm - that was between PTA and ENVSHADE - not RESHADE and PTA. The latter discussion has no place in this thread.

Vic

I read your post as forbidding discussion of PTA *and* ReShade, not a comparison between the two. Because comparisons and talk about PTA in a thread like this are neigh on impossible. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

1 minute ago, Sethos1988 said:

Because comparisons and talk about PTA in a thread like this are neigh on impossible. 

Agreed.

2 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Because comparisons and talk about PTA in a thread like this are neigh on impossible. 

Why on earth would we ever want to compare and contrast 2 different things that accomplish the same thing is beyond me. ;) 

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

just a quick install guide for those who are (understandably) slightly confused:

1. If you used PTA to modify your shaders (otherwise jump straight to 2.), open PTA and chose ACTIONS -> Restore original P3D shaders (this will also clear your shader cache)
  2. Download & Install ENVDIR from this location: https://togapjcts.wixsite.com/toga/envdir
  3. Download ENVSHADE from your simmarket account and install/activate
  4. Launch ENVDIR, it should show ENVSHADE as "activated" and ENVTEX as "not activated", even if you own ENVTEX. Its because ENVTEX isnt ENVDIR ready yet, it will be updated soon to be integrated into ENVDIR
  5. Set your simulator version and respective paths for SIM and ASCA
  6. In ENVDIR go to "application settings", scroll down to ENVSHADE settings and chose your profile (High Performance or High Quality) and ensure that its swiched ON. Ignore all other settings, those are ENVTEX settings and are currently greyed out until its integrated. 
  7. Apply your settings with 'Install to Sim' button
  8. Launch P3D, got to options and set your Lighting->HDR settings as follows (as recommended in the ENVSHADE manual):
    1. Brightness 1.30
    2. Bloom 0.20
    3. Saturation 1.10
  9. Done!

I see quite a difference to the PTA setting i was using (updated THOPHAT), and i damn like what i'm seeing! Still on the ground though but it looks promising... 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Thanks alot, @Woozie for the detailed guide.

Much appreciated!

You're welcome Anders! All that ENVTEX, ENVSHADE and ENVDIR stuff isn't the most transparent thing on earth, it will surely be less confusing once everything is migrated into ENVDIR

29 minutes ago, Woozie said:

I see quite a difference to the PTA setting i was using (updated THOPHAT), and i damn like what i'm seeing! Still on the ground though but it looks promising... 

If ENVSHADE is anything like THOPAT I will certainly stay away from it. On my computer THOPAT made P3D absolutely horrible. This is the problem with ENVSHADE: if you buy it and don't like it, you are screwed. With PTA you can simply try another preset. Isn't ENVSHADE anything like PTAbolsute...? That preset was preset nice. Problem here is screenshots won't really help... things look different on every computer. Then again, ENVSHADE is pretty cheap... but linking to THOPAT didn't help. ;) 

8 minutes ago, J van E said:

If ENVSHADE is anything like THOPAT I will certainly stay away from it. On my computer THOPAT made P3D absolutely horrible. This is the problem with ENVSHADE: if you buy it and don't like it, you are screwed. With PTA you can simply try another preset. Isn't ENVSHADE anything like PTAbolsute...? That preset was preset nice. Problem here is screenshots won't really help... things look different on every computer. Then again, ENVSHADE is pretty cheap... but linking to THOPAT didn't help. ;) 

Yeah, THOPAT just happened to be the last profile i installed in PTA as it was updated to 2.6 ;) But my post wasnt intended to compare the two. Fact is that ENVSHADE looks really nice on my PC, thats all that counts. 

You are right, its gonna be hit and miss as shader settings are a very subjective thing, but its the price of a pint, so it wont hurt that much if one doesnt like it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Woozie said:

just a quick install guide for those who are (understandably) slightly confused:

1. If you used PTA to modify your shaders (otherwise jump straight to 2.), open PTA and chose ACTIONS -> Restore original P3D shaders (this will also clear your shader cache)
  2. Download & Install ENVDIR from this location: https://togapjcts.wixsite.com/toga/envdir
  3. Download ENVSHADE from your simmarket account and install/activate
  4. Launch ENVDIR, it should show ENVSHADE as "activated" and ENVTEX as "not activated", even if you own ENVTEX. Its because ENVTEX isnt ENVDIR ready yet, it will be updated soon to be integrated into ENVDIR
  5. Set your simulator version and respective paths for SIM and ASCA
  6. In ENVDIR go to "application settings", scroll down to ENVSHADE settings and chose your profile (High Performance or High Quality) and ensure that its swiched ON. Ignore all other settings, those are ENVTEX settings and are currently greyed out until its integrated. 
  7. Apply your settings with 'Install to Sim' button
  8. Launch P3D, got to options and set your Lighting->HDR settings as follows (as recommended in the ENVSHADE manual):
    1. Brightness 1.30
    2. Bloom 0.20
    3. Saturation 1.10
  9. Done!

Unfortunately there is no High Performance or High Quality to be seen in my installation of Envdir/Envshade. Any hints as to what might have gone wrong for me?

Hans

Edited by hvw

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, Noctua NH-U9S Cooler, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Hello guys,

Please note that Envtex is NOT yet ready for Envdir, we're going to release an update before the end of this week, then you'll be able to use Envtex using Envdir.
For now please keep using Envtex from its own standalone interface. Sorry for the confusion, we should have made this clearer.

• Upvote 1

Maxime
TOGA projects