Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

ENVSHADE released.

23 minutes ago, kmax59 said:

Hello guys,

Please note that Envtex is NOT yet ready for Envdir, we're going to release an update before the end of this week, then you'll be able to use Envtex using Envdir.
For now please keep using Envtex from its own standalone interface. Sorry for the confusion, we should have made this clearer.

I'll give it a shot once all the programs are completed. Looking forward to trying out the final product.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

3 hours ago, Woozie said:

just a quick install guide for those who are (understandably) slightly confused:

What do you do in a networked configuration? I have ENVTEX (and ASCA, if that matters) installed on a networked machine. I feel ENVSHADE is supposed to be installed on the server (fs machine), but then it wan't detect ENVTEX. On the other hand, I doubt ENVSHADE can install the shaders if installed on the networked machine.

Kind regards, Michael

Edit: Just found the answer in the manual: All ENV*** stuff has to be installed on the networked machine, if you have ENVTEX/ASCA on it already. Network shares required, of course.

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I do not find how to change from my grey "high performance" option in envshade settings to the other one. 

Also I do not see any manuals where it was installed.. and I tried with and without the shaders and I see the exact same screenshot in both captures. Something must be wrong in what I did... but I did several times already.

Oh.. I see now how it changes to high quality (I have to set to custom in the up menu). I thought it was related to envtex future options.

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

Dont forget, you may have to scroll down a bit, here's the bottom part of my ENVDIR window:

c6nqt5Y.jpg

Yes, I have that. I press the green down arrow and everything is installed. Tried high performance and high quality. Same picture in both screenshots with and without the envshaders. Isn't supposed to be changed some kind of brightness, vibrance, saturation, contrast with a new shader? Nothing changed in my P3Dv4 version with and without the EnvShaders. So I suppose if people see changes, then I do have to... don't I? But I don't see any change in my both screenshots compared in photoshop with same camera position, day, etc...

Even applying the high quality shaders don't make any difference in hit performance. Exactly the same... and that is really weird....

6 hours ago, roland_lfor said:

A taste of XP don't you think?

Ugg.. I hope not..  :)

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

uploaded a video to see if anyone can put a little of light in here.

5 hours ago, Woozie said:

just a quick install guide for those who are (understandably) slightly confused:

1. If you used PTA to modify your shaders (otherwise jump straight to 2.), open PTA and chose ACTIONS -> Restore original P3D shaders (this will also clear your shader cache)
  2. Download & Install ENVDIR from this location: https://togapjcts.wixsite.com/toga/envdir
  3. Download ENVSHADE from your simmarket account and install/activate
  4. Launch ENVDIR, it should show ENVSHADE as "activated" and ENVTEX as "not activated", even if you own ENVTEX. Its because ENVTEX isnt ENVDIR ready yet, it will be updated soon to be integrated into ENVDIR
  5. Set your simulator version and respective paths for SIM and ASCA
  6. In ENVDIR go to "application settings", scroll down to ENVSHADE settings and chose your profile (High Performance or High Quality) and ensure that its swiched ON. Ignore all other settings, those are ENVTEX settings and are currently greyed out until its integrated. 
  7. Apply your settings with 'Install to Sim' button
  8. Launch P3D, got to options and set your Lighting->HDR settings as follows (as recommended in the ENVSHADE manual):
    1. Brightness 1.30
    2. Bloom 0.20
    3. Saturation 1.10
  9. Done!

I see quite a difference to the PTA setting i was using (updated THOPHAT), and i damn like what i'm seeing! Still on the ground though but it looks promising... 

I purchased ENVSHADE (already have ENVTEX), activated it. Then downloaded ENVDIR but when run ENVSHADE indicates 'not activated" and returns with an "Unhandled exception..." fault.  I have the latter installed on a different drive as I see ENVDIR self installs without allowing me to choose where I want to put it. What's the problem?

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

On their forum I noticed that they advised to install envdir before envshade. I did that and the two are working. (Make sure you put the whole code into the activation form).

e.g. Authorization code: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX-
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

3 hours ago, Japo32 said:

uploaded a video to see if anyone can put a little of light in here.

Agree, nothing happening there.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I have made some screenshots to show the difference between original P3D shaders and Envshade (I use P3D v3.4):

Sunset

Original P3D shaders:

2zjb0rd.jpg

Envshade High Performance:

2j2g7ea.jpg

Envshade High Quality:

6e14lg.jpg

Daytime

Original P3D shaders:

4kzgwx.jpg

Envshade High Performance:

1ptdlu.jpg

Overall, my impression is that Envshade adds more haze and "blueishness". If you use the high quality set, it makes the clouds a little bigger (which can cost FPS, so I don't see any value in it), but other than that, the difference is not that huge.

JUST GOT ENVSHADE AND ENVTEX, HAVE USED PTA AND RESHADE , HOW EXACTLY DO YOU DISABLE RESHADE AND PTA TO USE THESE PRODUCTS  ? PLEASE SOME HELP FOR THE COMPUTER DUMMY PLEASE

STEVE S

29 minutes ago, ssimm1958 said:

JUST GOT ENVSHADE AND ENVTEX, HAVE USED PTA AND RESHADE , HOW EXACTLY DO YOU DISABLE RESHADE AND PTA TO USE THESE PRODUCTS  ? PLEASE SOME HELP FOR THE COMPUTER DUMMY PLEASE

STEVE S

Please don't write all caps.

For removing Reshade please remove the following from your root P3D directory:

The folder Reshade-shaders
Both .ini files 
All dxgi files

For PTA:
Open up PTA and click on Actions and Restore original P3D Shaders.

Remember to clear the shaders cache, if the above process doesn't already do this.

• Upvote 4

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

3 hours ago, Afterburner said:

I have made some screenshots to show the difference between original P3D shaders and Envshade (I use P3D v3.4):

Well, I'll stick with PTA then. If only to avoid all kinds of installation problems. :wink: I like how PTA doesn't need to be installed: you unzip it and run it and of course it gives you the option to change things if you want to or to try different presets. I also don't like to install yet another program (ENVDIR) just to run ENVSHADE: I don't own ENVTEX and I don't need all that. And I happen to like Matt's default preset which comes very close to this one (=PTAbsolute). If I hand't bought PTA already I might have given this one a try though. But as it is now I see absolutely zero advantages in getting ENVSHADE.

Well.. still didn't have a reply about the diferences (no differences) of the screens. Even I see with other people that the shaders don't make almost any difference with and without. Maybe in other conditions it makes. It would be interesting if the publishers publish a video or photos with an slider to compare between default and their shaders.... but for me seen what I have seen if I have it right installed (which I think I have right) then I am not happy with envshade. At this moment. It is not a sim-changer.