Sign in to follow this  
ErichB

ENVSHADE released.

Very true what you say Vic but I guess what made this dynamic thing a rather interesting topic was how the dynamic stuff was the most revolutionary item on the features list before the product was released and understandably people would like to know exactly what's behind all that and hopefully Maxime will shed some light on this when he finds the time for it.

All in all just like you say, not a big deal for a $5 product (where maybe the price in itself is the answer this kind of advanced technology wouldn't "fit" into that kind of price tag) but would still be nice to know out of curiosity.

Borrowing someones eyes to tell what looks better to them...brilliant :laugh:

However, I guess the real question shouldn't be what looks better to someone but rather what looks more realistic. The only one who could say for sure is a real pilot who can do a proper comparison. To make this question even more complex, it will of course also be affected by a large variety of parameters such as current time of year, current weather condition, location etc etc etc.

Comparing different screenshots from a simulator made by different shader add-ons certainly won't give us the ultimate answer, now that's for sure.

Richard Åsberg

2 hours ago, simbol said:

There are ways to declare post processing shaders on the fly via source code to different cameras, and these can be driven depending of variable conditions.

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/cameras/custom_post-process.html 

Again I will leave Karmax to answer this, it is his product.

Regards,
Simbol

Simbol is correct and further, it's easy to check. Anyone who has EnvShade can check the folder:

<drive:>:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess

and see if it adds/updates a PSH file. I seriously doubt that it does.

Considering that their info states " Envshade has been made as dynamic as possible" - I still do not see what all this scurrying around is about.

Vic

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

20 hours ago, kmax59 said:

No I didn't say it was your fault.

As per the 5 max activation this is a simmarket pre-requisite, this is not something we actually decided, but we decided to work with them and we also have to apply some of their rules, as they also have to adapt to work with us. About the code and the simmarket installer, well, it accepts the code even if the first 21 capital letters followed by a "-" are not included (this is actually your serial), this works when it comes to sceneries, but when an avanced interface like ours is checking the license, then it doesn't work if the license is not complete.

Please send me your license file, I will take a look at it, it won't cost you anything and may solve you issue. I'd like to tell you this is an issue and we're going to solve it but I can assure we don't receive any support request about that other than wrong licenses, I'm not saying this to say I'm right and you're wrong, absolutely not, it's just that this is the most probable reason.

I understand and recognize some points of this release wasn't clear enough, we also faced a few issues and unfortunately some of you are less lucky than others, again we cannot expect all the possible bugs with only 10 computers, but we couldn't have 100 beta testers.

Looking forward to your license to help you :)

Thanks Maxime for fixing this. New code and now Envdir recognizes Envshade.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Does this need to have FXAA activated? 

Eric 

5 hours ago, vgbaron said:

As to which is better - I'll give the same answer I gave someone else - let me borrow YOUR eyes and I'll tell you what looks good to you.

Vic

Love that :biggrin: So true.

10 pagers on this :laugh:

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

4 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Considering that their info states " Envshade has been made as dynamic as possible".....

Vic

But that is very limited information considering that without "dynamics" it's just another preset.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

45 minutes ago, B777ER said:

Does this need to have FXAA activated? 

No. FXAA has nothing to do with shaders and light and so on.

Hello guys, 

I see a lot of questions about how it could be dynamic.
Well, I'll try to explain this as simply as possible : P3D shaders are basically mathematic formulas.

Imagine a formula like this (it is a random example of course)

y = (2*x + 5*u - i^2) * j

In this formula:

"y" could be the sky saturation,
"x" could be the time of day,
"u" could be the altitude,
"i" could be the precipitation level,
"j" could be the visibility,

As you understood, all of the variables (x, u, i, j) always change in real time, allowing y to change depending on all of them. This is why you don't need to let Envdir opened when flying in P3D, the shaders themselves are doing the job. The hard part is to find all the values, to find the right variables to use etc etc.
This is basically how Envshade is working. There is already some dynamic things in the default shaders, but Envshade pushed this much much more.

Hope it's clear for you all, I think it's the best way to explain this :)

PS @J van E: FXAA has all to do with shaders ! It's a post-process effect !

Maxime
TOGA projects

10 pages for what it amounts to is a preset that you enable & disable. :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

ok - since the major question about dynamics has been answered there really isn't any more need for discussion. There is a great support forum for TOGA Products should anyone need assistance. Consider the product announced and discussion closed.

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors