Sign in to follow this  
joe122446

747 keeps causing fsx to crash

hello everyone Joseph Remer here. a strange issue has started to occur to me. i select my 747, any livery and my sim crashes to desktop. i do not understand why this keeps happening. i have removed the whole thing from my pc and reinstalled and it still happens. i even reinstalled fsx. it is frustrating me to no end i want my 747 back

JOSEPH REMER

Real life Pilot

Avid Simmer

intel i7 6700hq cpu@2.60GHz

8GB ram   Windows 10 64 bit

Fsx steam 

i do not know how to attach my event viewer screenshots

JOSEPH REMER

Real life Pilot

Avid Simmer

49 minutes ago, joe122446 said:

i do not know how to attach my event viewer screenshots

Just copy/paste the text from the viewer.

Kyle Rodgers

2 minutes ago, scandinavian13 said:

Just copy/paste the text from the viewer.

Faulting application name: fsx.exe, version: 10.0.62615.0, time stamp: 0x559f9a9a
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc000041d
Fault offset: 0x000db050
Faulting process id: 0x21d8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3534ecf4a9300
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\fsx.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: e992504d-3e85-4f00-91cd-52da4ae8ad4e
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

JOSEPH REMER

Real life Pilot

Avid Simmer

56 minutes ago, joe122446 said:

hello everyone Joseph Remer here. a strange issue has started to occur to me. i select my 747, any livery and my sim crashes to desktop. i do not understand why this keeps happening. i have removed the whole thing from my pc and reinstalled and it still happens. i even reinstalled fsx. it is frustrating me to no end i want my 747 back

Please note that PMDG requires we sign our posts with our full names.  Now that you have discovered that reinstalling software is seldom the solution perhaps you would be interested in some troubleshooting?  The best place to start is to work backwards to when you did not have crashes, but reinstalling may have removed that option.  Next you can ensure that all your addons are up to date.  You might want to start disabling other addons to see who might be the problem.  When the event record has an unknown for a faulting module, it is often something that FSX loads as an addon that is causing the problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

1 minute ago, downscc said:

Please note that PMDG requires we sign our posts with our full names.  Now that you have discovered that reinstalling software is seldom the solution perhaps you would be interested in some troubleshooting?  The best place to start is to work backwards to when you did not have crashes, but reinstalling may have removed that option.  Next you can ensure that all your addons are up to date.  You might want to start disabling other addons to see who might be the problem.  When the event record has an unknown for a faulting module, it is often something that FSX loads as an addon that is causing the problem.

has there been any known conflicts with other Qualitywings a/c?

JOSEPH REMER

Real life Pilot

Avid Simmer

JOSEPH REMER.

it is inefficient to repost my name several times. my name is in the original post

JOSEPH REMER

Real life Pilot

Avid Simmer

25 minutes ago, joe122446 said:

JOSEPH REMER.

it is inefficient to repost my name several times. my name is in the original post

Not really sure why you're giving Dan an attitude here since it's always been a rule on the PMDG forums since they started. If you don't want to keep typing it over and over again, you can go into the forum settings, edit signature, and add it there. Then you won't have to type it over and over again since it will be there automatically.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Just now, Captain Kevin said:

Not really sure why you're giving Dan an attitude here since it's always been a rule on the PMDG forums since they started. If you don't want to keep typing it over and over again, you can go into the forum settings, edit signature, and add it there. Then you won't have to type it over and over again since it will be there automatically.

i apologise for my attitude but i have been beyond frustrated with this and my patience levels are very low. i am new to using the forum so i dont know all the rules. i will familiarize myself with them. but if yall can help me despite my crappy attitude today i would deeply appreciate it.

JOSEPH REMER

JOSEPH REMER

Real life Pilot

Avid Simmer

2 hours ago, joe122446 said:

i apologise for my attitude but i have been beyond frustrated with this and my patience levels are very low. i am new to using the forum so i dont know all the rules. i will familiarize myself with them. but if yall can help me despite my crappy attitude today i would deeply appreciate it.

Dan already gave you a suggestion a while back. I don't know if you actually tried it or not because you responded with an unrelated question.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

1 hour ago, joe122446 said:

i already placed a ticket. i was hoping people might have some ideas themselves

Think you might need to go up a few more posts, Dan said, and I quote:

4 hours ago, downscc said:

Now that you have discovered that reinstalling software is seldom the solution perhaps you would be interested in some troubleshooting?  The best place to start is to work backwards to when you did not have crashes, but reinstalling may have removed that option.  Next you can ensure that all your addons are up to date.  You might want to start disabling other addons to see who might be the problem.  When the event record has an unknown for a faulting module, it is often something that FSX loads as an addon that is causing the problem.

You responded to that post with a question that was irrelevant and therefore nobody knows if you tried what he suggested or not.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg