Sign in to follow this  
spearmint_flyer

Trueglass (Fog) Preview

e061eb7b202d3b4079ee996ad4dcac9b.jpeg

Preview in the TFDI forums. Really excited to see this.

Also noticed that they restructured the pricing. It went from being 3% of all previous sales to $2100 for the project. Still free for freeware. 

Again can’t  wait to see this in action. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

I haven’t been following this at all. Any idea if they’re selling this to PMDG by any chance?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

12 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

I haven’t been following this at all. Any idea if they’re selling this to PMDG by any chance?

I should think PMDG would develop their own version, I know that's what Aerosoft said they would be doing. I know it's pretty impressive, but any developer worth their salt can probably create their own similar effect and wouldn't then be tied to a licence agreement.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

16 minutes ago, Chock said:

I should think PMDG would develop their own version, I know that's what Aerosoft said they would be doing. I know it's pretty impressive, but any developer worth their salt can probably create their own similar effect and wouldn't then be tied to a licence agreement.

$2100 is probably peanuts compared to the cost of developing your own solution from the ground up. Particularly if you're a low model volume producer like PMDG, FSL or QW.

That's like a week's salary for a skilled c++ programmer. No way you could provide a turn-key solution in a week.

• Upvote 4

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

57 minutes ago, odourboy said:

$2100 is probably peanuts compared tot he cost of developing your own solution from the ground up. Particularly if you're a low model volume producer like PMDG, FSL or QW.

If you're a developer and you intend making more than one add-on in the future, then it's a couple of grand off the costs of each subsequent add-on to have your own solution rather than use a TPD solution in preference.

I know it looks impressive, but really, it's not rocket science in terms of development, especially now LM have put support in P3D for rain effects; sure you need some decent artwork for it, but that's true for all the other bits of your aeroplane too. For icing and fog on a window, it's a few textures with an alpha channel for transparency, loading in sequence and triggered by a sim parameter. I could knock up the artwork for that in an hour or so, as could any half decent Photoshop user; if I was developing aeroplanes for FS and it was a choice between that and paying someone two grand for the privilege, I know which choice I'd go for.

Alan Bradbury

2 hours ago, odourboy said:

$2100 is probably peanuts compared to the cost of developing your own solution from the ground up. Particularly if you're a low model volume producer like PMDG, FSL or QW.

That's like a week's salary for a skilled c++ programmer. No way you could provide a turn-key solution in a week.

My thoughts precisely, chump change especially since it's already developed. 

• Upvote 2

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

11 hours ago, warriorpilot said:

Also noticed that they restructured the pricing. It went from being 3% of all previous sales to $2100 for the project. Still free for freeware. 

Where you got this information from? I couldn't find it on their forums.

Best Regards,
Simbol

11 hours ago, Chock said:

Hmm what about RAAS ? Also no rocket science and you would think, PMDG could devlop it themselves... or Aerosoft. Yet it is licensed for all of their planes.

• Upvote 2

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

3 hours ago, simbol said:

Where you got this information from? I couldn't find it on their forums.

Best Regards,
Simbol

It’s on the blog post for TFDI. Last week I checked it and it was 3% of current sales for an existing project. Now it’s just a flat fee. I like that pricing better if I were a developer. 

Signature.png

Just now, warriorpilot said:

It’s on the blog post for TFDI. Last week I checked it and it was 3% of current sales for an existing project. Now it’s just a flat fee. I like that pricing better if I were a developer. 

I can't find this on their forums, I must be lost, can you send me a link privately please?

Thanks,
Simbol

1 minute ago, simbol said:

I can't find this on their forums, I must be lost, can you send me a link privately please?

Thanks,
Simbol

Signature.png

2 hours ago, officercrockey said:

Hmm what about RAAS ? Also no rocket science and you would think, PMDG could devlop it themselves... or Aerosoft. Yet it is licensed for all of their planes.

Well without knowing how much or what was involved in such a deal then we can't say, although if I had to make an educated guess, I would say it would be the result of some kind of contradeal, so not the same thing.

Alan Bradbury

1 hour ago, warriorpilot said:

It’s in their blog not forums.https://tfdidesign.com/TrueGlass.php 

Thanks found it:

Compatibility and Requirements

TrueGlass is compatible with the following environments.

Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v4.X on Windows Vista and later (x64)

The following items are requirements for TrueGlass.

Access to the source model of the aircraft implementing TrueGlass

DirectX June 2010 runtime

Microsoft Visual Studio 2015 Runtime (x64)

Pricing

TrueGlass is available under the following pricing models.

For products released as freeware or at no cost to the receipient of the product, TrueGlass is free to use.

For a commercial product, TrueGlass is available for $2100 USD.

Volume discounts may apply if licensing multiple technologies simultaneously. 
Additional licensing options may be available upon request. 

Interesting facts reading they requirements, now If I was PMDG I wouldn't be happy to give my aircraft source model to another company that also make planes.. if I was an add-on plane developer that would be a deal breaker for me.

Regards,
Simbol