Sign in to follow this  
spearmint_flyer

Trueglass (Fog) Preview

this is really encouraging on 2 fronts...

1. milviz are already on board, so devs are already buying into it

2. the flat pricing structure means that for extremely popular addons like NGX, Q400 etc, the marginal cost of the addition of the feature would, when set against the number of sales, be well under $1, so even were any dev to levy an upgrade charge it should be extremely affordable, even if they price it at more than the licencing costs :)

• Upvote 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Good news, hope to see it on Milviz KA & MU-2 when released and others in their fleet!

30 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

this is really encouraging on 2 fronts...

1. milviz are already on board, so devs are already buying into it

Leonardo with their upcoming FlytheMaddog as well. Was mentioned on their facebook page.

Mike

• Upvote 3

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

6 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

Leonardo with their upcoming FlytheMaddog as well.

Excellent! Another reason to repurchase this magnificent addon. :smile:

3 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

2. the flat pricing structure means that for extremely popular addons like NGX, Q400 etc, the marginal cost of the addition of the feature would, when set against the number of sales, be well under $1, so even were any dev to levy an upgrade charge it should be extremely affordable, even if they price it at more than the licencing costs :)

Maybe but I wouldn't bet on it. It's just NOT that cut and dried, depending on many different things the actual cost passed on to the consumer could be significantly more than $1. 

I'd  expect that it would NOT be free but after that I would not speculate.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

1 hour ago, vgbaron said:

Maybe but I wouldn't bet on it. It's just NOT that cut and dried, depending on many different things the actual cost passed on to the consumer could be significantly more than $1. 

I'd  expect that it would NOT be free but after that I would not speculate.

Sure Vic, no arguments here, that's why I said even if they price it at more than the licencing costs :) We'll pay whatever they ask for, quite possibly :p

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 1:53 AM, Chock said:

If you're a developer and you intend making more than one add-on in the future, then it's a couple of grand off the costs of each subsequent add-on to have your own solution rather than use a TPD solution in preference.

I know it looks impressive, but really, it's not rocket science in terms of development, especially now LM have put support in P3D for rain effects; sure you need some decent artwork for it, but that's true for all the other bits of your aeroplane too. For icing and fog on a window, it's a few textures with an alpha channel for transparency, loading in sequence and triggered by a sim parameter. I could knock up the artwork for that in an hour or so, as could any half decent Photoshop user; if I was developing aeroplanes for FS and it was a choice between that and paying someone two grand for the privilege, I know which choice I'd go for.

Depends on how cheap and quick you build. If your project only lasts for 3-6 months then it may seem like something big. For projects like the Aerosoft CRJ and Airbus, PMDG aircraft, FSLabs or MJC which can take at bare minimum 3 years, consider the cost of a single programmer: If you pay him $2000 a month (which from what I gather is extremely low), and he takes 3 years to finish a project, that's $72000 for just one member of the team. If you have at least 3 programmers, never mind modeler and painter and other costs, you start hitting 6 digit figures for cost of development very quickly. $2100 is a drop in the bucket compared to that.

• Upvote 1

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

The latest beta (1.0.9.15) of the TFDi 717 is now available and includes the TrueGlass effects, minus icing, which is in the works. I like the effects, which are well done.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

2 hours ago, RudiJG1 said:

The latest beta (1.0.9.15) of the TFDi 717 is now available and includes the TrueGlass effects, minus icing, which is in the works. I like the effects, which are well done.

Does anyone have this yet? If so, how do you like it?

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

57 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Does anyone have this yet? If so, how do you like it?

I do but have only spent a short time with it so far. I like what I'm seeing but want to do a flight later today, once my work commitments are done (retirement is looking sweeter every day...).

See this video done by another user: 

• Upvote 2

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

4 hours ago, RudiJG1 said:

I do but have only spent a short time with it so far. I like what I'm seeing but want to do a flight later today, once my work commitments are done (retirement is looking sweeter every day...).

See this video done by another user: 

Yeah you see how could you not want that in every single airplane out there. That just looks amazing! Time to get the Delta Baby MD out of the hangar. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Locking this - discussion can continue in release announcement thread

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors