Sign in to follow this  
scottb613

P3Dv4 Compatability ?

Hi Folks,

I just made the leap and started looking at my Alabeo products - there's a notice on their website saying they are working on it - but it appears that none of their models at v4 compatible yet ?

Thanks...

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Scott, 

On the Alabeo front page is a P3DV4 news item and subsequent long list of their V4 aircraft. I have the C207, C310 and C404 just to name a few. 

Les Parson

• Upvote 1

Hey Scott,

Their entire fleet is now P3Dv4 compatible.

See: 

• Upvote 1

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

2 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Folks,

Thanks so much - they must have forgotten to remove the notice from their web site... Need to get my C310 back in action...

I see the other one now - this is the one I was reading: http://www.alabeo.com/index.php "Official Statement"

LOL - I'm not crazy...

Regards,
Scott

No worries. Based on your other posts, I think we all know you're a solid professional. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, LDP1949 said:

No worries. Based on your other posts, I think we all know you're a solid professional. 

Hi Les,

Since I know we are both a fan of the C310 - you might want to check the date on your install executable (the file inside the ZIP)... I had some dialog with the FDE developer recently and he found the original FDE faulted - not by him but the implementation by Alabeo - he corrected same and sent it to them... The one I downloaded last night was last updated on 10/23/2017 (I really wish they would publish last updated dates) - so if that's correct - the date coincides with what "should" include the updated FDE... She really does fly nice once you ditch that sound set and use the MilViz one instead... Chase Plane adds a whole new level to the sim as well...

I really wish they would fix the interior lighting...

Regards,
Scott

Hi Scott, 

Thanks so much for that information. Interestingly, I did submit a subsequent ticket (see below) on 10/16/2017, seven days prior to the upload date you mentioned. Lately, I've been using FSX in lieu of P3DV4. I assume an FDE update would be valid for both platforms.

Speaking of sound issues, I've been using the Arezone C310R sound-set in lieu of the stock in FSX rather than P3DV4. One reason I haven't been using P3D lately with the C310 is a bizarre shrieking sound with engines at or near idle. 

10/16/2017 C310R support ticket:Oct 16, 14:40 -03 (some spin included)

I want to thank you very much for the C310R. The aircraft is almost perfect for training purposes and there are only a few minor issues to correct. If you are able to correct these small issues I would be very appreciative.

Here are the minor issues:

1.) Right Alternator Light - The light is always illuminated and should be corrected. The Left Alternator is correct.

2.) Cowl Flaps - The controls are reversed. In the C310 the OPEN position is with the control pushed in. The CLOSED position is with the control pulled out.

3.) Elevator Trim Wheel - The wheel turns the incorrect direction. For nose up, the wheel should rotate back or toward the pilot. For nose down, the wheel should rotate forward or away from the pilot.

Again, thanks you for this very fine aircraft and your understanding. Many of us in the flight sim community really appreciate your aircraft and look forward to every new release. I am especially looking forward to the C421C!

Les Parson

1 hour ago, LDP1949 said:

Les Parson

Hi Les,

Oh - maybe they were fixing your issues ??? I'll try to get some time to go through it more thoroughly this weekend - I was in the middle of doing my v3 to v4 upgrade so I had a lot going on...

The squeal - is that the brakes ? I noticed they tend to squeal and continue to squeal even after stopping...

The gauge lighting is messed up - some are lit as they should be - by the rotary on the port side bulkhead - others are lit by the overhead cabin light...

Regards,
Scott

The squeal - is that the brakes ?

No, not brakes. It sounds more like a wind chime, if you can imagine that; it is rather annoying. I've been searching forums to learn more. To date, I've only occasional passing reference to this strange phenomena.