Sign in to follow this  
ninerwhiskey9W

Questions on P3D performance

Hello,

I picked up ASP4 during the sale, and so far its running perfectly. I get around 30 frames in normal conditions with my NGX. I did a stress test, with Full clouds, heavy rain, and a bit fog on both the payware airports i own. I got around 25fps in FSGD VOBL and around 20 during the approach at FlyTampa OMDB. 

I am also interested in getting REX 4 Texture Direct with soft clouds and ORBX FTX Global. Will I be able to maintain the same performance with both of them installed ? My system isnt too powerful, so most of the settings are already turned down with DL and shadows off.

System specs

i7-4720HQ @ 2.6HGZ

NVDIA 860M 4GB

12GB RAM

Cheers

My guess is: yes. FTX Global is hardly noticable regarding FPS and within REX, you can adjust many things including cloud texture resolution. As long as you do not want to use 4K cloud textures along with higher antialiasing modes, you should be fine. The only thing you will have to be careful: when you use REX cloud textures along with ASP4 and you have a lot of cloud layers defined in the ASP4 options, your FPS will definitely suffer a lot.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS