Sign in to follow this  
csanchezdll

FATAL ERROR: Cannot create unique G callsign

Hi all,

During a flight over Iceland, BIVM to BIAR, VoxATC 7.41 suddenly gave me a fatal error halfway trought the descent to destination. I had logging disabled, so I enabled it and re-enabled Vox. It initialized correctly, the text saying "Tune Akuryeri Tower on..." appeared briefly, and then again FATAL ERROR.

I have been examining the log and I can see what seems to be an error message just before the FATAL ERROR, saying "Cannot create unique G callsign" and then a traceback of the internal procedure names. Has anyone experienced something like this?

851798031 Ins Text set : Tune to akureyri tower 118.200
851798062 Prompt disabled
851798109 Prompt Text set :
ElevationDataSharp::GetFile Downloading elevation hgt file: N65W019.hgt
ElevationDataSharp::GetFile Downloading elevation hgt file: N65W019.hgt
SrtmDownloader::DownloadBinaryToFile N65W019.hgt not available on server (maybe all sea)
SrtmDownloader::DownloadBinaryToFile N65W019.hgt not available on server (maybe all sea)
ElevationDataSharp::GetFile Downloading elevation hgt file: N65W018.hgt
SrtmDownloader::DownloadBinaryToFile N65W018.hgt not available on server (maybe all sea)
ElevationDataSharp::GetFile Downloading elevation hgt file: N66W019.hgt
SrtmDownloader::DownloadBinaryToFile N66W019.hgt not available on server (maybe all sea)
ElevationDataSharp::GetFile Downloading elevation hgt file: N66W018.hgt
SrtmDownloader::DownloadBinaryToFile N66W018.hgt not available on server (maybe all sea)
Simconnect version 10.0.66.0
FAF position not found in :Localizer runway one three FAF :FF13
The approach Localizer runway one three has no FAF position FF13
FAF position not found in :Localizer runway one three FAF :RKF13
The approach Localizer runway one three has no FAF position RKF13
FAF position not found in :R NAV runway one three FAF :RKF13
The approach R NAV runway one three has no FAF position RKF13
16:55:56.2785429 Current Position = 65.1555002779643 -18.8100361706555 14823.7679585174
IN 16:56 From :orbit seven fourteen:  reykjavik center
IN 16:56 From :orbit seven fourteen:
IN 16:56 From :orbit seven fourteen:  orbit seven fourteen
IN 16:56 From :orbit seven fourteen:  with you at
IN 16:56 From :orbit seven fourteen:  flight level
IN 16:56 From :orbit seven fourteen:  one four zero
IN 16:56 From :orbit seven fourteen:   Terminator

IN 16:56 From :reykjavik center:  orbit seven fourteen
IN 16:56 From :reykjavik center:
IN 16:56 From :reykjavik center:  reykjavik center
Cannot create unique G callsign
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.CallsignImpl.CreateGCallsign()
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.CallsignImpl.CreateCallsign(AircraftType typeIn)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.FlightPlanner.CreateArrivalAircraft(BGLFlightPlan bglFp_, AircraftType acType_, Aerodrome adIn_, Int32 quadrant_)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.FlightPlanner.GetArrival(Aerodrome adIn, Int32 quadrant)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.ApproachPortal.GetFlightPlan()
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.AirspacePortalBase.GetNextAircraft()
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.ApproachPortal.GenerateTraffic()
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.Airspace.GenerateAppTraffic()
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.Aerodrome.GenerateTraffic()
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.AerodromeAircraftGenerator.GenerateTraffic(Dispatcher dispIn)
   at com.intworkings.voxatc.Dispatcher.Run()
851815550 Ins Text set : FATAL ERROR! disable VoxATC
IN 16:56 From :reykjavik center:  roger
IN 16:56 From :reykjavik center:   Terminator

I have my navigation data updated using fsAerodata with current AIRAC (1711).

Thanks,

Carlos

What aircraft were you flying and what callsign was being used by VOXATC? G probably indicates a UK aircraft, but maybe you had some special characters in the callsign that VOXATC couldn't utilize.

I was flying a Turbine Duke V2, B60T, callsign TFKDP. I had seen several other GA flights during the flight, I think most has callsigns TFxxx (icenlandic registrations), as well as commercial flights. I do not remember hearing any communication with a Gxxxx flight. Examining VoxATC log from previous flights in the area I can see that in fact usually I see flights with icelandic (TF), finnish (OY) and UK (G) registrations, so I think you might be pointing in the right direction. I do not know why Vox cannot create a Gxxxx registration, thought. I have checked my callsign has no dashes or any other strange characters, just TFKDP.

What else could I check?

Thanks Jay!

Most likely it's the callsign of an AI aircraft. Are you using the default AI? I'm asking because the last communication with ATC before the fatal error is with "Orbit" which is one of the imaginary airlines. In the default traffic file, there is only one flightplan that both uses an Icelandic airport and has a UK (G) registration. I don't see anything unusual about it, so you are going to have contact the VOXATC developer at the official website.

Yes, I am using the default traffic AI. I will contact official support then, and in the meanwhile you gave me the idea of replacing the AI with WoAI to try to workaround the error.

Thanks!

Carlos

Make sure that you convert any FS9 WOAI models and traffic files to FSX format with AI Flight Planner or you may not see any traffic in P3dV4.

Alpha India Group has a lot more flight plans and models and they are compatible with both FSX and P3d4:

http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php

After disabling the default traffic file and adding the new traffic files and models, rerun the VOXATC Indexer.