Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

An opportunity for any add-on developer to be first

Hello my friends,

I am from SimElite Solutions team and good news is we can adjust the flight simulator seasons for those who have problem with soon/late season change in in some countries inside flight simulator.

I will share you guys a demo and explain more tomorrow.:happy:

• Upvote 1

Vahid

SimElite Solutions

That is really exciting news :smile:

Can't wait to hear more about it and let me assure you I'll be first in line if you're able to come up with something good in this area!

Richard Åsberg

On 11/2/2017 at 9:50 AM, w6kd said:

Since the base data is from 2006, perhaps we should include the climate changes that were predicted in 2006, basically that the earth would be a smoking cinder devoid of life by now...  :-O

We could call it HysteriX Global.

Bwaaaaahahaha

Bob,

Of course, the best laugh is that they think more government is the solution. The hubris that allows one to believe humans can dramatically alter world-wide climate in a few short years is utterly breathtaking.

Your post truly made my day...I would've given you +100 reputation if the forum allowed.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

17 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

That is really exciting news :smile:

Can't wait to hear more about it and let me assure you I'll be first in line if you're able to come up with something good in this area!

Hello my friends,

As I promised yesterday, I prepared a demo to show you guys it is possible to fix flight simulator seasons based on the real worlds conditions. Although there is one limitation in this matter. As they stated in the SDK, seasons change 1st of each month (definition is monthly basis) BUT I have a solution to solve this problem too! If I decided to work on this project, I will tell you what we can do for it.:happy:

This demo is made for Arlanda airport (ESAA) in Stockholm_Sweden.

Visit flight simulator season demo here.

Vahid

SimElite Solutions

If you plan to release a product correcting the seasons in P3D according to real-world data, consider it bought when it comes to me ;)

5 hours ago, victorpapa said:

Hello my friends,

As I promised yesterday, I prepared a demo to show you guys it is possible to fix flight simulator seasons based on the real worlds conditions. Although there is one limitation in this matter. As they stated in the SDK, seasons change 1st of each month (definition is monthly basis) BUT I have a solution to solve this problem too! If I decided to work on this project, I will tell you what we can do for it.:happy:

This demo is made for Arlanda airport (ESAA) in Stockholm_Sweden.

Visit flight simulator season demo here.

If you find a way to represent the seasons inside the sim according to current real world conditions here is one more buyer. 

Thanks, this is absolutely amazing! Just what I've been wishing for for so long :smile:

One question. Noticed how there's no set for fall but I guess that's because you would use winter (not hard winter) for that time of year?

Will try it out myself later on today and again, when you have a full product featuring this on a larger scale my credit card is ready!

Richard Åsberg

7 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

Thanks, this is absolutely amazing! Just what I've been wishing for for so long :smile:

One question. Noticed how there's no set for fall but I guess that's because you would use winter (not hard winter) for that time of year?

Will try it out myself later on today and again, when you have a full product featuring this on a larger scale my credit card is ready!

Hi Richrd,

As you know the whole simulator is based on layers(mesh, terrain, autogen,...). The season has it's own layer and it shows appropriate textures for that area. For example if you set a hard winter season for November in Sweden, it will show textures with snow prepared for that area.

When I tested, there wasn't any autogen definition for Fall in Arlanda airport(the area I tested). But as you can see in my demo, winter is appropriate season for this time of year.

I can do another test for you (with wider area that suit your needs) because you started this topic and it will be absolutely free of charge! We are trying to make simulator better and money only is needed to cover our expenses.

Please tell me what exactly you are looking for in Sweden and what is a good setting for you? what is the correct season for each month?:happy: If you like you can send me an email to: info@simelite.com and we can discuss the details there.

Vahid

SimElite Solutions

I love the above-mentioned idea of using real snow cover data in the sim. With the very mild winter we had in the USA last year, it was kind of an immersion killer to be flying around with constant snow cover in the mid-latitudes for 3 months.

I would also like to throw in the idea of a gradual seasonal change instead of the abrupt shift from winter to spring and summer to fall on March 1 and September 1, respectively. This could theoretically by accomplished by changing the textures for all 4 seasons into different stages of fall/spring progression and then injecting them into the sim before the flight based on the date and location. For instance, in late September, you would see near-peak fall colors in the upper Midwest/New England whereas it still looks very much like summer in the south, with sporadic colors in the Ohio Valley and central Plains. The same effect could be done as Spring slowly takes hold in March. Of course, this would mean limiting your flying to the northern hemisphere outside of polar regions to see appropriate textures. Just run a utility before the flight and it could inject the appropriate textures. If you are flying across diverse regions of climatically, you could just tell the utility where you are flying beforehand and it could inject the most realistic textures possible while still maintaining the appropriate seasons where you are flying. So in this case, you may have 1 or 2 varieties of fall or spring textures instead of 4. I'm hopeful a developer takes this on. I can see from this thread that there would be a potential market for such a thing.

Ben 

• Upvote 1

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

30 minutes ago, victorpapa said:

Hi Richrd,

As you know the whole simulator is based on layers(mesh, terrain, autogen,...). The season has it's own layer and it shows appropriate textures for that area. For example if you set a hard winter season for November in Sweden, it will show textures with snow prepared for that area.

When I tested, there wasn't any autogen definition for Fall in Arlanda airport(the area I tested). But as you can see in my demo, winter is appropriate season for this time of year.

I can do another test for you (with wider area that suit your needs) because you started this topic and it will be absolutely free of charge! We are trying to make simulator better and money only is needed to cover our expenses.

Please tell me what exactly you are looking for in Sweden and what is a good setting for you? what is the correct season for each month?:happy: If you like you can send me an email to: info@simelite.com and we can discuss the details there.

That is very kind of you and I would be happy to try this out and again, I would also be happy to pay for this kind of product.

As for the appropriate dates I can only speak for the part of Sweden where I live in Stockholm where the P3D dates listed in my first post in this thread would be fine meaning winter with a snow cover (hard winter) should start 22th of December for example.

Will send you a PM as well.

Richard Åsberg

27 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

That is very kind of you and I would be happy to try this out and again, I would also be happy to pay for this kind of product.

As for the appropriate dates I can only speak for the part of Sweden where I live in Stockholm where the P3D dates listed in my first post in this thread would be fine meaning winter with a snow cover (hard winter) should start 22th of December for example.

Will send you a PM as well.

The snow coverage for Sweden on November 5,2017(Today) is like this:

Snow Coverage

I will set your Sweden season like this (Winter in the south part and Hard Winter in the north part) until 22 December and after that there will be hard winter in whole Sweden!:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Vahid

SimElite Solutions

14 minutes ago, victorpapa said:

The snow coverage for Sweden on November 5,2017(Today) is like this:

Snow Coverage

I will set your Sweden season like this (Winter in the south part and Hard Winter in the north part) until 22 December and after that there will be hard winter in whole Sweden!:biggrin:

Sounds great :smile:

Richard Åsberg

I'm very much looking forward to a finished product we can purchase.

Thank you so much Vahid!  

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, pracines said:

I'm very much looking forward to a finished product we can purchase.

Thank you so much Vahid!  

Paul, we are working on our FSTrackers project (Flight Simulator Tracking System) these days and it will be ready to use very soon (Maybe next week) and then we will decide how to work on this season fixer project.:happy:

I prepared and sent Scandinavian countries (Sweden,Norway,Finland,Denmark) season fixer files to Richard and I am waiting for his confirmation.

• Upvote 1

Vahid

SimElite Solutions

7 hours ago, victorpapa said:

I prepared and sent Scandinavian countries (Sweden,Norway,Finland,Denmark) season fixer files to Richard and I am waiting for his confirmation.

Good you mention this because I haven't received anything from you and I did check my spam folder as well.

Richard Åsberg