Sign in to follow this  
Joop Arens

FSX activation

Hello friends,

I am having the same problem trying to activate the "Delux Edition" have entered the activation code, get a message  " don't have the right to enter the code " what can I do please.

Joop

Sorry I didn't answer sooner, been out of town, anyway I did what you mentioned and could enter the register code, but I can only fly for about 25' then I get a message my try time is over, sim shuts down.

Any more sugestion would sure be appreciated.

Joop

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

For Activation problems the usual fix is to do the following (but take care when changing Registry values - back it up if you're unsure).

1. Close FSX and run Registry Editor (press Windows key + R and type   regedit    and     Ok).

2. Expand the following registry key:            

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e967-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}      

3. After you find the folder, double-click Upperfilters on the right side.
4. Change the value from 0 to   PartMgr  (note, this is case sensitive).  Or, delete any other value that may be there.

5. Close Registry Editor and reboot Computer.
6. Launch FSX and check whether the Activation box comes up.

Angels40, I did what you sugested, "partmgr" was already there, not with capital P,M  but like I wrote, I don't know if this makes a different.

Joop

Charliearon, FSX install ok, only I cant run it more than 25' then it will stop, and tell me that demo or trail  time is over, and stop.

Joop

10 minutes ago, Joop Arens said:

Angels40, I did what you sugested, "partmgr" was already there, not with capital P,M  but like I wrote, I don't know if this makes a different.

Joop

PartMgr  (note, this is case sensitive)

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

5 minutes ago, Joop Arens said:

Charliearon, FSX install ok, only I cant run it more than 25' then it will stop, and tell me that demo or trail  time is over, and stop.

Joop

Yep, you are in FSX "Demo" mode.  That's why it's only good for 25-30 minutes at a time.  Your installation is not properly activated.

Charlie Aron

charliearon

Did dowloaded the mentioned file and installed it on the C: drive, after typing  cmd and entering c:\microsoftkb928080. I get a message " is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file " can you tell me what is going on, btw I have my main computer back from service where FSX is runing, but I would like to have the second computer also to run FSX so I can experiment with ad-on files.

Joop

Joop,

If you are trying to do what I think you are, that is taking one FSX:SE Deluxe purchase from Steam and install it on two different computers at the same time, I don't think that is possible.  The activation key is only good for one installation on one computer and cannot be reused.  There are provisions for "moving" your installation to a different or new computer, but doing so would void, I think, the original installation license so it would not work anymore except in demo mode.

Randy

On 06/11/2017 at 11:06 PM, Joop Arens said:

Joop

Did you type  PartMgr  in your Registry?   And this did not work?

20 hours ago, Joop Arens said:

charliearon

Did dowloaded the mentioned file and installed it on the C: drive, after typing  cmd and entering c:\microsoftkb928080. I get a message " is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file " can you tell me what is going on, btw I have my main computer back from service where FSX is runing, but I would like to have the second computer also to run FSX so I can experiment with ad-on files.

Joop

There are instructions included in that .zip file.   Even though dated, I understand that the requirement is to use Elevated Command Prompt (Win + X, and select Command Prompt Admin).   After you change directory (cd c:\microsoftkb928080), then you only need to enter       resetsldl /a    However, this fix is only for those unable to install FSX and subsequently receive one of many error codes.   If you have FSX installed and it runs well, then you don't need to apply this.

Chris