Sign in to follow this  
DTG_Cryss

Community Update 15 (v1.3.21882.0) Now Live

Our latest update is live, with tweaks to advanced weather, aircraft avionics, and lessons. Read on for the full update notes:

Aircraft Avionics
GNS430 and G1000

• Resolved “Direct to” text overlaps preventing entry of “Airport Ident” and “Facility” information.

PA-34

• Corrected COM and NAV units: Com2/Nav2 is now bottom; Com1/Nav1 now top

Advanced weather

• Fixed instances of purple and blue skies infrequently seen when starting flights.
  • Reduced horizon fog banding artefacts seen with high visibility ranges.

Lessons
Eagle Pilot School

• Lesson 6 - Radio Navigation - Improved outro camera framing
  • Lesson 8 - Night Flying - Added a waypoint marker to guide the player back to the school on lesson completion

Waltham Flying Club

• Lesson 5 - Approach and landing - Made lesson failure conditions more lenient

Engine

• Reduced intensity of moon specular reflections
  • Fixed cockpit shadow gap artefacts seen in certain aircraft
  • Improved terrain blending of dirt runways

If you haven't already, check out our development focus post to keep up to date with what we're working on.

• Upvote 2

Dovetail Flight Community Manager: Catch me on Twitch

Will check it out thanks for the update Cryss and thank the dev`s for pushing FSW forward.

Ray Fry.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Some small stuff, but nothing that's could be considered a step forward. Still holding out hope though.

• Upvote 1

Ernest Pergrem

I agree with airernie. waiting for the tree flickering to be fixed ! 

mike.

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

Yeah, I'm sad to say but things got a lot slower after TrueSky, no big improvements, new updates taking more than 2 weeks to be released, no news on the streams.

The only positive change I saw lately was the public announcement about their main focus, kind of a list what we should expect for the next updates. That kind of communication is really positive.

Anyway, I really hope things being released a bit faster in the near future.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Yeah, I'm said to say things got a lot slower after TrueSky, no big improvements, new updates taking more than 2 weeks to be released, no news on the streams.

The only positive change I saw lately was the public announcement about their main focus, kind of a list what we should expect for the next updates. That kind of communication is really positive.

Anyway, I really hope things being released a bit faster in the near future.

I totally agree with this, too! Thanks, ca_metal

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

Do you foresee a time when DTG will focus on performance optimization?

I have been very excited about FSW,  especially the included ORBX, Truesky, etc. and the progress that is being made elsewhere in the sim. I must say that, in comparison to the other big name titles I have installed, the performance/optimization is way behind.

I do not see this as a primary item in the development focus post... I am hopeful that at some point DTG will address this issue.

Many thanks for the update.

There is no point optimising if you are still going to be changing chunks of the core sim. We know there are more lighting and scenery changes coming plus possibly true sky changes. Why waste time optimising and have it all undone with further engine changes.

I'd love updates faster but aren't they working on pbr stuff and other core things high take time?

Chris

• Upvote 2

Looks like they hit some sort of bump.. It's really slow now, but hey, that's like it's supposed to be right? Software development is kind of slow most of the time. 

I think that when they release the product, they already have a huge amount of work almost ready, so we got really fast updates. Now seems like they are starting new things from ground up. So it will take a little longer.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, etopsbr said:

Looks like they hit some sort of bump.. It's really slow now, but hey, that's like it's supposed to be right? Software development is kind of slow most of the time. 

I think that when they release the product, they already have a huge amount of work almost ready, so we got really fast updates. Now seems like they are starting new things from ground up. So it will take a little longer.

I agree with you and I really hope for that. My deepest fear is they losing the time frame to succeed and we lose a product with great potential. Customers need things to be done fast and they will stick with the most promising product. If you stop doing appealing improvements to the product, people will lose interest. 

I know a Flight Simulator is a really complex software and Flight simmers are a really demanding crowd, but that's the enviroment that FSW needs to adapt. FSW has to have all the good features the others have but even better.  

• Upvote 1

Good job simmers never lost interest In XPlane it`s taken years to get were it is today,. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Oh Wow….development is soooooo slooooooow at DTG…..compared to what?

X-Plane “aint there yet” and has been in development for years with many version releases.

P3D “aint there yet” and has been in development for years with many version releases.

DTG makes its first “full sim” and folk expect lightning fast changes, while other sims are plagued with the same slow updates.

How long did it take for P3D v4 to hit P3D v4.1 (oh, yeah...they finally got rain effects that FSW had since “Day 1”), and what has DTG done in that same time frame?

Development certainly does take time, especially for some of the larger features. 

Since we're a small specialized team, when pieces of content have been finished, we're eager to put them out there. It means there are big hits like trueSKY (which did take a LOT of work well into before we launched), but with lots of quality of life changes to slowly alter your experience with the sim.

No great flight sim was built in a day, but we're eager to continue building upon FSW :) 

• Upvote 2

Dovetail Flight Community Manager: Catch me on Twitch

2 hours ago, DTG_Cryss said:

Development certainly does take time, especially for some of the larger features. 

Since we're a small specialized team, when pieces of content have been finished, we're eager to put them out there. It means there are big hits like trueSKY (which did take a LOT of work well into before we launched), but with lots of quality of life changes to slowly alter your experience with the sim.

No great flight sim was built in a day, but we're eager to continue building upon FSW :) 

Thanks Cryss,

Can we expect to see a significant feature by the end of the year? I bought FSW recently and am looking forward to the point that it reaches parity with either XPlane or P3D. I would hope that could happen some time in the first half of next year.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations