Sign in to follow this  
DTG_Cryss

Community Update 15 (v1.3.21882.0) Now Live

4 hours ago, DTG_Cryss said:

Development certainly does take time, especially for some of the larger features. 

Since we're a small specialized team, when pieces of content have been finished, we're eager to put them out there. It means there are big hits like trueSKY (which did take a LOT of work well into before we launched), but with lots of quality of life changes to slowly alter your experience with the sim.

No great flight sim was built in a day, but we're eager to continue building upon FSW :) 

Good to hear.

This is one thing I'd like to see improved. It's not really a big feature (in fact, more of a minor feature). It's about time zones, and DST. Some parts of the world seem to have incorrect time zones (more so outside the US and most of Europe), or not observing DST when they should (like most of Canada, some of Australia, New Zealand, and so on). One example is Madeira, where the local time should be the same as the UTC Time (or an hour ahead if in DST), but in FSW, it shows an hour behind UTC. There are also places where there are places with 30 or 45 minute time zones (Newfoundland (-3.5, and -2.5 in DST), India (+5.5), Nepal (+5.75), Northern Territory and South Australia (+9.5, or +10.5 if DST only in South Australia)) I have made a topic about this in the Dovetail forums (and pointed out as many areas, where the time zones are wrong, as I possibly can in a text file I attached (timeanddate.com is my source for Time Zones and DST)), see here for more details: https://forums.dovetailgames.com/threads/time-zones-and-dst.2431/. Will time zones (and by extension, DST) be looked at sometime in the future.

Edited by JSilva

Júnior Silva

Gosh, would you folks care for some nice cheese with your whine? :laugh:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

11 hours ago, n4gix said:

Gosh, would you folks care for some nice cheese with your whine? :laugh:

Sorry if I sounded demanding, but I just like to see something as simple as Time Zones to be fixed.

Júnior Silva

We waited months to see 1 "patch" from P3D, but now FSW has to answer for bi-weekly feature additions that are scrutinized. 

Luckily I am confident they will deliver. The fact they tweaked pbr to the extent that they did without us having to rely on the community to make the sim color accurate (see PTA), is telling about their attention to detail and feedback.

• Upvote 3

Let me guess.... you want 64bit. 

Josh Daniels-Johannson