Sign in to follow this  
Branimir

Prepar3D v4.1 input delay

Hi!

I have a problem in Prepar3D V4. When I turn on dynamic lightning and at the night time I get 30-40FPS but I have half a second (sometimes 1 second) input delay when I click on a switch in cockpit, when I move my flight controls (pedals yoke..) or when I pan my view. Everything has a delay.

Do you know what migh cause this problem?

Specs:

i7 7700 (running at 4.2 GHz, HT enabled)

8x2 GB DDR4

KFA2 GTX 1060

240GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 2TB HDD

Thank you!

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

I'm sure you have already figured out that Dynamic Lighting is the culprit. I don't think anything other than top tier equipment can handle that bit of eye-candy. The only thing that I can think of to alleviate the fps drop is lower sliders across the board and trying to find best performance difference between locked and unlocked frames. Myself, running a 7700K @ 4.6 ghz (simple overclock ) and GTX 1060, unlimited frames don't even attempt Dynamic Lighting, and I don't miss it. 

• Upvote 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Thank you! Now I know that these problems are something normal, I though I had too weak PC to handle dynamic lightning. Is Lockheed Martin planning to optimise lightning in next updates?

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Not that I'm aware of. It's normal for flight sims (if publishers are really serious about their product) to constantly enhance  with more possibilities, which of course raises the need for more capable computer components. Just preparation for future "goodies". The good part is that these new pieces of eye candy are optional (in order to widen usability to all) 

• Upvote 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I just found out what was causing these problems. I have 4xMSAA in sim, but I had 8x sparse grid supersampling in nVidia inspector. I lowered this setting to 4x supersampling. I used to haver horrible delay with aircraft lights (taxi, runway turnoff lights, especially landing lights) and my FPS dropped to 20FPS. Now, with this setting lowered I have almost no FPS drop at night, with landing lights ON and no input delay. :biggrin:

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz