Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

Is that on X-plane? (New FTX Netherlands shots)

I'm familiar with the look of both sims, and this is obviously XPlane. The clouds are a dead giveaway, but P3D's water and general shading/rendering doesn't look like that at all. I wonder if he said it's P3D because they haven't officially announced the XPlane version yet. 

3 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

The clouds, the scenery not blurried

Now in p3dv4, there are very less blurried landschapes and clouds...

Sure Nederland's shots in ftx samples are done in v4...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ms2 said:

Now in p3dv4, there are very less blurried landschapes and clouds...

Sure Nederland's shots in ftx samples are done in v4...

Not just that, the autogen looks just like X-plane's, the haze effect, the trees and all the enviroment. I don't know...

If you look the first screenshots they are really different on those aspects. Lots of blurries in the distance, different autogen, different haze effect, different clouds etc.

And there's this video:

If you read the original thread you will find the answer, just a few posts under the first, no need to speculate.

2 minutes ago, RedPxl said:

If you read the original thread you will find the answer, just a few posts under the first, no need to speculate.

I read it, but still not sure...

It doesn't look like V4. Just look the first shots then compare to this new batch, they have a huge difference.

10 minutes ago, hamoody said:

I'm familiar with the look of both sims, and this is obviously XPlane. The clouds are a dead giveaway, but P3D's water and general shading/rendering doesn't look like that at all. I wonder if he said it's P3D because they haven't officially announced the XPlane version yet. 

John Venema

Orbx CEO

Administrators

23,564 posts

Order #:Staff

Posted 4 hours ago

This is P3Dv4

Regards,

JV

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

1 minute ago, SierraHotel said:

John Venema

Orbx CEO

Administrators

23,564 posts

Order #:Staff

Posted 4 hours ago

This is P3Dv4

Regards,

JV

I know, I read his post and referenced it in mine. I am 99.99% certain that the shots were not taken in P3D, they were taken in XPlane. I have no idea why he would say otherwise, but like I said I'm familiar enough with both sims to tell their environments apart. 

Just now, hamoody said:

I know, I read his post and referenced it in mine. I am 99.99% certain that the shots were not taken in P3D, they were taken in XPlane. I have no idea why he would say otherwise, but like I said I'm familiar enough with both sims to tell their environments apart. 

Me too, just compare the first shots with those. Huge difference. 

If X project of orbx have a future, it is a very good news for XP owners.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, ms2 said:

If X project of orbx have a future, it is a very good news for XP owners.

Video above shows Venema saying it's being worked. Video was recorded on Flight Sim 2017.

Maybe these are the first steps, but I don't know why he said it's V4.

8 minutes ago, hamoody said:

like I said I'm familiar enough with both sims to tell their enviro

And between what'is your prefered one ?

I wished my P3Dv4 looked like that, I tell you!

Enrique Vaamonde

6 minutes ago, ms2 said:

And between what'is your prefered one ?

I personally prefer XPlane. To me, P3D has a bit of a dull, flat, 'grey' look even when you use a bunch of addons like REX or PTA. XPlane's visuals seem much more modern and realisitc, especially when it comes to night lighting (even P3D v4's new dynamic lighting just doesn't cut it for me). Of course, that is just my opinion, and there are people who prefer P3D's look to XPlane's. 

Think so too, but after one year on XP, make the choice of p3d for orbx sceneries and to be able to fly with good friends... and invest a lot for this simulator.

But today considering perhaps a coming back to XP for some qualities missing in p3d.