Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

Is that on X-plane? (New FTX Netherlands shots)

1 hour ago, DJJose said:

Without turning this into a P3D vs XP 11 thread an running the risk of getting scolded, right now P3D v4 is for me the sim of choice. Maybe if you have a GTX 1080 you will see better fps than I do.

Aside from poor performance, ugly clouds, terrible weather depiction (unless you want to spend 70 dollars on a weather addon) poor airplane ground friction, horrible sounds, no seasons, ATC not good, poor implementation of AI, and planes that don't feel or fly right, are my reasons for choosing P3D v4.

There's is one thing that you will never see in P3D.

4 me this keeps XP 11 in my SSD. I want to see XP 11 succeed and I hope it continues to evolve.

Who are you trying to fool ? We know what default P3D/FSX looks like out of the box ! I bet you have easily spent $1K-$2K+ on addons for P3D/FSX over the years.  

Yes your performance is going to suck if you slide the sliders to max and your hardware sucks.  

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

2 hours ago, strider1 said:

Who are you trying to fool ? We know what default P3D/FSX looks like out of the box ! I bet you have easily spent $1K-$2K+ on addons for P3D/FSX over the years.  

Yes your performance is going to suck if you slide the sliders to max and your hardware sucks.  

OR, it looks like word not allowed because I have to lower my settings in order to sim at 30fps with a 1080p monitor. I understand where everyone here is coming from. I did not begin simming yesterday.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

4 hours ago, strider1 said:

You will see that same attitude towards every sim but P3D. Guess what? P3D is the most expensive to get things right...

The OP proves what I'm saying... Every P3D fan was saying how beautiful this "EU Netherlands" was getting, but it was just X-Plane 11 + W2XP + Orthos. 

• Upvote 6

17 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

Every P3D fan was saying how beautiful this "EU Netherlands" was getting, but it was just X-Plane 11 + W2XP + Orthos. 

EXACTLY, this is without a doubt the most revealing thing here :)

It's way more easy to make X-plane look fantastic (not to mention, for free, thanks to the wonderful community), than to do the same thing with P3D. Not saying that P3D cannot look great (oh man, those REX clouds), but X-plane deserves recognition for what it's achieving already.

• Upvote 2

This has gone a bit off topic now and turned into a P3D vs X-Plane war. Topic closed

• Upvote 6