Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

Is that on X-plane? (New FTX Netherlands shots)

5 minutes ago, Susu986 said:

Tony, will you contact ORBX about this? Why are they showing off screenshots of your work?

No idea, I can only assume they accidently posted shots from the wrong sim. The question though is why are they using W2XP and X-Plane to promote their own products on a different sim.

Either way, I posted in their thread.

• Upvote 1

100% Xplane.

Wow, OrbX caught red handed plagiarising another developers work.

Ouch, will be very interested to see what they have to say for themselves.

Ive bought a lot of products from OrbX and If this is true that they are plagiarising work, I’ll think twice about future purchases.

How on earth do they think they can get away with just using other people’s work and passing it off as their own?

No need for Orbx to deny it... , the images in that OP topic are from Xplane 11 to me. I'm also 100% sure about this.

Curious to see how they will xplane, euh I mean explain this!

Regards,

Vital Vanbeginne

Looks like John Venema really thought it was P3D :

Hi guys, it may be indeed, I posted screenshots which the lead developer gave me so I have asked for clarification.

Allow me to apologise profusely if I have misled people, I’ll lock the topic until I get clarification

This is so funny ! :biggrin:

Cheers,

Pascal

Why is their lead developer using W2XP? That's another question I would like answering

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, tonywob said:

Why is their lead developer using W2XP? That's another question I would like answering

Perhaps he likes it?:biggrin:

T45

Even though I also think this is funny to some extent, I think it is quite worrisome, too. If the lead developer sends these pictures to JV to show off his work, it smells a lot like they are "copying" Ortho4XP + World2XP. Not good...

• Upvote 1

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

Yes, I've asked JV for clarification on why this has happened. It's worrying indeed.

But hey, show's that people want what we have for free in X-Plane :-)

• Upvote 6

Let's wait. Maybe Orbx will come out with a credible and plausible explanation at some point. Or maybe not.
Errors happen. Sometimes they are made in good faith, sometimes not. Time will tell.

• Upvote 2

If they created their own high quality regionalised house models and trees and provided cleaned up and color corrected high quality ortho imagery there certainly would be enough added value to justify a price tag. But those shots to me look exactly like what you can get for free.

3 minutes ago, manuthie said:

If they created their own high quality regionalised house models and trees and provided cleaned up and color corrected high quality ortho imagery there certainly would be enough added value to justify a price tag. But those shots to me look exactly like what you can get for free.

Not in P3D though...

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

9 minutes ago, carlito777 said:

Even though I also think this is funny to some extent, I think it is quite worrisome, too. If the lead developer sends these pictures to JV to show off his work, it smells a lot like they are "copying" Ortho4XP + World2XP. Not good...

I didn't point to the blatant use of Tony's work, which of course is not funny. But the whole story, the reaction to this new "Prepar3D" technique made me laugh ! Is his lead developer a joker ? Or is it a big mistake ?

W2XP for P3D confirmed! Makes for a handy product title like W2XP2P3DV4...