Sign in to follow this  
AF024

[FSX] B77W not available in FSX after update

Hi all,

I was told by the Operation Center to update my PMDG products (777 and 747 v3) with a the new installers, but now I can't access any 777-300ER aircrafts in FSX.

I had a quick look in my FSX folder and all the files where there and looks to be updated.

But I can't see them neither in the aircraft list of FSX, nor in the Operation Center variants. It only recognise the B77L and B77F ?

Does anyone had this problem ?

Alf DAGNON - Flight enthusiast

VA France - AF024

Have you looked in your Aircraft.cfg's for those aircraft to see if they are still there? A recent Ops Center update removed everything I had and replaced it with just the default livery. Easy enough to fix as I had a back up but still a pain in the word not allowed.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Yes, the aircraft.cfg have all the liveries in the fltsim sections. But what's strange is that no B77W aircrafts are recognised in the Operation center !

And it still say that my version of the 777-300ER is up to date (1.10.8414).

VA France - AF024

14 hours ago, AF024 said:

Yes, the aircraft.cfg have all the liveries in the fltsim sections. But what's strange is that no B77W aircrafts are recognised in the Operation center !

And it still say that my version of the 777-300ER is up to date (1.10.8414).

And it still say that my version....? First you said the OC does not recognize the B77W then you say it says it is the current version?  When you installed the B77LR/F did you first uninstall the previous version?  This means you also should uninstall the B77W because it is an expansion of the base package and not a separate thing.  Remove both, install both.  Let the OC repair liveries and you should be back in business.

Full names here please.

Dan Downs KCRP

This is what I've done :

- uninstall the 747-400 v3

- uninstall the 777-300ER extension

- uninstall the 777-200LR

- Reinstall the 747-400 v3 with a new installer (at the end, it update to the new version)

- Reinstall the 777-200LR with a new installer (at the end, it update to the new version)

- Reinstall the 777-300ER extension with a new installer (at the end, it update to the new version)

So, when I openened the Operation Center to check the version, it told me the 3 of them are up to date.

But, when I try to check the liveries of the B77W, nothing exist : it only recongnise B77L and B77F in the aircraft variants.

And the aircraft list in FSX won't show any B77W variants.

VA France - AF024

6 hours ago, AF024 said:

So, when I openened the Operation Center to check the version, it told me the 3 of them are up to date.

But, when I try to check the liveries of the B77W, nothing exist : it only recongnise B77L and B77F in the aircraft variants.

Those two sentences seem to contradict each other.  The OC recognizes you have the B77W by confirming the version is up to date.  If you can check the version then you should be able to open the livery manager or livery downloader for the B77W.  By the way, there are no B77W variants... only the B777-300ER. There are multiple liveries but only one type aircraft.

Again, A. Dagnon is not a full name as is required by PMDG in their forum.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hi Alf.... that is very unusual.  Something gone wrong in the OC.  You can submit a trouble ticket on this one at PMDG Product Support. (http://support.precisionmanuals.com)

If I saw this, I would go to C:\Program Files (x86)\PMDG Operations Center and delete all the files in that directory EXCEPT OpsCenterUpdater.exe and then run OpsCenterUpdater.  It will take a little while to download all new modules but it should fix your problem.

Dan Downs KCRP

Problem solved after de-installing and re-installing the 777-300ER extension again. Something might get wrong at the first reinstall.

VA France - AF024

On 05/11/2017 at 0:44 AM, downscc said:

Hi Alf.... that is very unusual.  Something gone wrong in the OC. 

Hi Dan, 

also couldn't see always all my products in the OC's pulldown menue  after installations. 

As if the scroll bar is not working corretly. 

However, today it's working fine. 

Andreas Berg
pmdg_j41_banner.jpgpmdg_trijet.jpg

PMDG 737NGX -- PMDG J41 -- PMDG 77L/77F/77W -- PMDG B744 -- i7 8700K PC1151 12MB 3.7GHz -- Corsair Cooling H100X -- DDR4 16GB TridentZ -- MSI Z370 Tomahawk -- MSI RTX2080 DUKE 8G OC -- SSD 500GB M.2 -- Thermaltake 550W --

6 hours ago, 19AB67 said:

Hi Dan, 

also couldn't see always all my products in the OC's pulldown menue  after installations. 

As if the scroll bar is not working corretly. 

However, today it's working fine. 

Yeah, I've complained about that too. There is a scroll bar to the right of the product drop down list but it is almost hidden.  I notice that the NGX will disappear from the list until I click where the scroll bar would be.  I think they are working on a major update to the OC so they are not going to play with the UI in this version.

Dan Downs KCRP