Sign in to follow this  
Kevin_28

PMDG 737NGX 800 - P3D v4.1 Viewpoint Issue

Hello there,

I've been using the PMDG 737NGX for both FSX:SE and P3Dv4 and, firstly, I want to say thanks for making such a fantastic study-level addon!

When I installed the 737NGX in P3D v4, I noticed that all the VC views were zoomed in quite a bit compared to the FSX:SE edition. Doesn't matter if it's the overhead panel, FO seat, wingview, or even spot view. It looks like all of the default zoom values are a bit too high. Should I go through and try to adjust all the zoom values on the config to get it to look the same as the other? I probably would need to provide you with a bit more information, but let me know if need to.

Sorry if this question was already covered. I did a brief search but couldn't find anything. If you can post a link to that one, that would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Kevin Woo

13 hours ago, Kevin_28 said:

Should I go through and try to adjust all the zoom values on the config to get it to look the same as the other?

Check the WideView setting. P3D has a setting in the menus. FSX and FSX:SE required a manual edit to the .cfg file.

• Upvote 1

Kyle Rodgers

Ah ha! Got it. Thank you so much. Of course, this was listed under the introduction and I missed it like the goofball that I am. Thanks again for taking you time to help me. Take care.

Sincerely,

Kevin Woo

HI there,

I did end up setting it to wideview. However, I got a fisheye effect with the main vc. The other views look good though. I wound up changing the default camera zoom on the camera.cfg file which corrects for that, but now the other planes have that fisheye view whenever I switch outside the main VC, like the F/O seat. Am I missing something else?

Sincerely,

Kevin Woo

4 hours ago, Kevin_28 said:

HI there,

I did end up setting it to wideview. However, I got a fisheye effect with the main vc. The other views look good though. I wound up changing the default camera zoom on the camera.cfg file which corrects for that, but now the other planes have that fisheye view whenever I switch outside the main VC, like the F/O seat. Am I missing something else?

Sincerely,

Kevin Woo

If it is starting with a zoom of 0.30 then that is due to one of the P3D default configuration files.  I edited mine to always start at 0.70.

Dan Downs KCRP

23 hours ago, downscc said:

If it is starting with a zoom of 0.30 then that is due to one of the P3D default configuration files.  I edited mine to always start at 0.70.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did change the camera cfg file to .6 or something like that. The problem for me is when you switch to different views on the default planes. At that point, I get the fisheye view. The main vc view is ok though. I know I could go in to each planes config file and change the initial zoom settings on the various views, but that seems excessive. I wound up just disabling the wideview setting and changing the initial zoom settings for the PMDG views. I do wonder if anybody else had to do this.  It’s a bit strange that I would be the only one that needs to do this.