Sign in to follow this  
RodgerC

Windows 10 Creator has Crashed FSX:SE

Windows 10 Creator finally caught up to me.  After the installation I tried running FSX:SE and everything was fine booting up.  When I selected the airplane and clicked "fly", it loaded just fine and when it got to "Load Complete" 100% then it froze.  Just a blank screen.  I downloaded the latest Nvidia driver with the same results.  I've read some of the posts on the forum and not really sure what to do.  I've seen some posts ranging from rollback to having to wipe the hard drive and start over.  Has anyone experienced this and what was your solution?  Thanks.

Rodger

Update:  Rolled back, everything works as normal.  Gonna do everything I can not to install Creator update again.

2 hours ago, C130FE said:

Update:  Rolled back, everything works as normal.  Gonna do everything I can not to install Creator update again.

Probably not what you want to hear but the Fall Creators Update works perfectly for me so far with FSX. Users shouldn't be put of installing it as most people don't seem to be having problems. It's much the same as big updates to any Windows OS (not just 10) - there'll always be a small number of people who have a particular hardware/software combination which causes issues.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

27 minutes ago, vortex681 said:

Probably not what you want to hear but the Fall Creators Update works perfectly for me so far with FSX. Users shouldn't be put of installing it as most people don't seem to be having problems. It's much the same as big updates to any Windows OS (not just 10) - there'll always be a small number of people who have a particular hardware/software combination which causes issues.

Doesn't matter.  The only thing I use this computer for is flight simming.  I will never update it again if I can get away with it.  I've spent way too much money on setting this computer and 3 monitors up for a stupid update to totally shut down my flight sim.