Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

How is this plane a few months past?

I like king airs and this is sort of like one, but with better vis below the wings.  With the GTN how is the plane?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

One of my very favorites. I always adjust the air file somewhat to better match my hardware. In this case very little adjustment was needed as the FDE was very good right out of the box.  I upgraded to the -10 engines and tweaked some of the systems ( see related threads). I installed a KFC-300 autopilot. I also made some major changes to the sound file. The cockpit lighting is a box of rocks and the systems are typical Carenado. 

Having said all that it is still my favorite turboprop. 

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, whamil77 said:

I installed a KFC-300 autopilot

If I understand, you swith the autopilot in the beech with a external addon...

Is this possible in p3dv4? 

Thk for your information

I have been ignoring any offering from Carenado for more than a year, having been burned before.  However, as Ryan stated, this looks like an interesting plane, so what's the current verdict?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

For me it's an ok plane but the since they can't code anything outside the standard SDK, start up and the wrong start lock simulation make it a no go for me because you can basically only use it by selecting the plane with running engines. (same goes for their 441)

A Commander a 'sort-of-King Air'??? Both have a fuselage, wings, tail and turboprop engines but that's where the similarity ends.

Well they're both twin turboprops, both cruise around 280 KTAS (unless you have the blackhawk mods on the king airs) - meaning I enjoy the style of flying offered by these aircraft.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

6 hours ago, whamil77 said:

One of my very favorites. I always adjust the air file somewhat to better match my hardware. In this case very little adjustment was needed as the FDE was very good right out of the box.  I upgraded to the -10 engines and tweaked some of the systems ( see related threads). I installed a KFC-300 autopilot. I also made some major changes to the sound file. The cockpit lighting is a box of rocks and the systems are typical Carenado. 

Do you have these mods available to share?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Same here! If you could share...thanks

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

10 hours ago, whamil77 said:

Same here!!  Interested in the mods that you have done to this plane. The FDE and the AP. My favorite besides of her older sister Shrike commander, 

If I understand you "upgrade the plane to -10?" I don't have hours RL in -10 only -5 Commander, but have a friend pilot too that flew the first 690A upgrade to supreme Commander (-10 engines)  in Venezuela and have the carenado version too, after some hours in her. He told me that the plane flew like the real one and this have the -10 performance too..  

Any autopilot w a preselect would be a welcome addition. Would love to see those mods as well. 

On 11/4/2017 at 8:59 PM, rightseat said:

Would love to see those mods as well. 

Me too :-)

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Just to report back on these mods, yes, they are working a treat and reflect the way the plane should have been in the first place! Carenado need to pay for his efforts and fire their QC department. :-)

I would be very grateful as well for any kind of modification(s) that can increase the realism and/or functionality of this plane. It's a fun plane to fly, especially short hops through the Alaskan wilderness. :)

Andrew Walker