Sign in to follow this  
Holclo

Xbox Controller Problem

Hi,

New user of ChasePlane--love the capabilities of this programme. I have purchased an "Xbox Controller for Windows" controller. It tests perfectly OK in Win 10 device manager straight out of the box.

When setting this up with ChasePlane all the buttons are easily assignable to views etc and are reported in the ChasePlane as "GameController for Windows" during assignment-- so no problems there.

However all the Axis on the controller are reported as "Jetmax Throttle" in the ChasePlane assignment window and are unassignable. (I do have a Jetmax Throttle attached in my sim)

I cannot detect any assignments for these axis in FSUIPC or in Options/Controls in P3Dv4

Indeed in P3DV4 Controls all Joystick inputs are disabled.

In my home cockpit I have several Bodnar Boards connected along with a Yoke, Rudder pedals  and Jetmax throttle. Most are assigned via ProSim 737 Avionics Suite and a few through FSUIPC.

As an extra measure I then installed the "driver" recommended by the Controller manufacturers but the problem remains the same.

Hoping it is some simple setting that needs changed.:biggrin:

I'm not fully sure to understand the issue...

When you try to assign an axis with your Xbox controller, the Jetmax Throttle tries to assign instead and you're unable to assign an Xbox Controller axis?

Is my understanding right?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Thanks Keven for being so fast to help.Yes you are right but I have the issue somewhat fixed just now (I hope). A friend had a look for me via team viewer  and he recognised that the Jetmax Throttle was "spiking" or somehow over- riding the Xbox Game Controller- for example when I moved one of the axis controls we could see very briefly "Game Controllers for Windows" appearing on the ChasePlane GUI before being replaced by  JetmaxThrottle. So he asked me to remove the Jetmax Throttle USB connection to the computer and then assign the axes to the required actions. This solved the problem.

I then reattached my Jetmax Throttle USB. The Xbox controller works with the new axis assignments. :biggrin:

However if I  then go to "Preferences" and try to assign or change any axis,  the ChasePlane GUI is again shows Jetmax Throttle and cannot be assigned in ChasePlane.

So any time the Jetmax Throttle is attached it "takes over" in the ChasePlane GUI--this does not happen with any of the Xbox buttons.

I hope I have explained this so that you can understand what is happening.

William

Yes so when you assign new axis or buttons, ChasePlane will check for changes and report to you the last detected change. If your Jetmax controller spikes a lot, ChasePlane will detect the change to the given axis and report it to you.

If you want to assign controls without having the Jetmax controller take over, you will need to unplug the Jetmax controller during the assignment.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

Yes Keven that is exactly what I am doing. All working well now. I just need to decide on the layout I want for my controller for the B737. 

Thank you for explaining.

William