Sign in to follow this  
Andreas Stangenes

Group flight community?

I'm looking to join a community (great or small - just active) to do group flights with. I dont mind if they do GA, heavy metals or a mix. I need the social interaction to keep simming interesting.

About me: 39 yrs old male from Norway. I speak English fluently. I have been doing flight simming for about 16 years now, and I own a HTC Vive that i use for simming regularly. I am used to flying on vatsim, and I also use FS Cloud from time to time. I own both p3d v3 and xplane 11 and I have a slew of addons for both of these.

I prefer to hang with mature people (mature in their heads, not necessairly old in body :) ). Anyone know about something like this?

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Here is where you want to loo

www.dc3airways.com

We are a very active va airline and do scheduled multiplayer flights three times a week. We have members from all walks of life and from countries all over the world. We fly only the DC-3/C-47 or the DC-4/C-54. Give us a try. We are very social.

Howard DCA0240

• Upvote 1

There are quite a few excellent groups and virtual airlines one can join.

The group I manage is actually a private (closed) group that one can't join by simply signing up.  We're a tight knit group of friends who very active flight simmers. Our friendships started with flight sim but now extend to all areas and we speack with one another often throughout the week.  Though not entirely, we have a focus on flying shared cockpit (we've got about 12,000 hours of shared cockpit time over the past 14 years and lead the shared cockpit genre in flight simulation).  We also work with a number of top-tier flight sim developers, and host the annual Flight Sim Web Conference each fall (we'll be announcing the conference next week).

The application process to join OVPA is performed offline, and starts with a call on Skype.  If you're interested, please send me an email at new.ovpa@gmail.com.

Best wishes.

• Upvote 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Sorry for the mis-spellings... I had major shoulder reconstruction surgery last week, and I'm not sure if it would be better to blame my spelling on having to type with my non-dominant hand, the pain from my right shoulder, or the pain medication. 

I'm not sure what I'll be able to blame my spelling on when I'm out of the shoulder hardness they have me in!  LOL!!!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5