Sign in to follow this  
mdata

A kingdom for a torch light ...

Rib, simbol

sure that a avatar is a good, but a other idea.

I think the first need here is keeping a easy and simple way... a illunination around the mouse in vc.

A other suggest is a toggle who illuminate the vc in infrared as in some  aircrafts.

14 minutes ago, ms2 said:

A other suggest is a toggle who illuminate the vc in infrared as in some  aircrafts.

Like pretending you are terminator? 😂 just kidding.

I like the torch plan so far, will try to do it.

Simbol 

Hello all,

My thoughts are that the tube liners all have dome lights. Can they not be left permanently "on". They should then come on automatically when  ground power is connected (presumably connected prior to any crew accessing the aircraft.)

Small GA aircraft are not and this is where I see a need for a torch for realism and also to actually see what you are doing when looking for that light switch.

A very interesting subject with what appears to be a variety of solutions. I shall follow this closely and Thanks to the OP for bringing it up again.

Regards to all

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Honestly the whole VC environment modeling and limitations needs to be revisited on P3D. There are so many limitations that you have to wonder how we can ever move forward with a more a modern VC environment if until now you couldn't even have more than X amount of animations. Imagine the possibilities if we can have a more versatile environment. One of my biggest pet peeves is that when you are in VC "everything modeled" has to be displayed always even if you are not using it. If i compare the smoothness and immersion of the X-plane Cockpits and the P3D/FSX cockpit I immediately can see a difference. From smooth reflections to shading, lighting, effects. Even walking into the cabin you can't walk through a closed door. Truly a huge difference. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

8 hours ago, simbol said:

Like pretending you are terminator? 😂 just kidding.

Sorry simbol

Terminator ? Sure not, just the subject interrest a lot of simmers, I think and as in brainstorming, suggest some way... and you choice the best ways for you of course.

Happy that you said in your least post, you do the choice of the torch, is mine  prefered too.

As lights on ai (great again), sure you are de right man todo 😌😌😏 

follow you in mind but I'm not eable in programmation...

11 hours ago, warriorpilot said:

Honestly the whole VC environment modeling and limitations needs to be revisited on P3D

Sorry to derail a bit from the topic but just a quick note when it comes to current v/c limitations that would be awesome if we could get rid of.

The one thing I would really wish for is to be able to look out of the left hand side window looking at an attached jetway without seeing it change or even vanish depending on the viewing angle.

• Upvote 1

Richard Åsberg

1 hour ago, WebMaximus said:

Sorry to derail a bit from the topic but just a quick note when it comes to current v/c limitations that would be awesome if we could get rid of.

The one thing I would really wish for is to be able to look out of the left hand side window looking at an attached jetway without seeing it change or even vanish depending on the viewing angle.

Lol, what about real windows views for planes like PMDG, Aerosoft Airbus, fsl labs, etc. 😉

Simbol 

44 minutes ago, simbol said:

Lol, what about real windows views for planes like PMDG, Aerosoft Airbus, fsl labs, etc. 😉

Simbol 

Not sure what this means but anything with the word real usually gets my attention :smile:

Richard Åsberg

14 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

Not sure what this means but anything with the word real usually gets my attention :smile:

I think simbol means like an actual wingview with a window in front of it. Just like @webmaximus described. Since FSX anything closer than 10 Feet disappears when you are looking outside. Jetways, airplane walls. They just VANISH! Like its magic!. Its truly a remarkable site. it could also be that a feature instead of a bug. Watch as things just go away!

• Upvote 1

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Maybe a "feature" like you say but certainly not very real.

Let me assure you if jetways vanished like this IRL I would run...fast...:laugh:

• Upvote 2

Richard Åsberg

1 hour ago, Lenny777 said:

Wouldn't FSLspotlights do the trick? I haven't purchased it but looks good.

http://www.flightsimlabs.com/index.php/spotlights-2/

Yeah, that's pretty nice. That's certainly a more deluxe version of what I had in mind, but I could see that being very useful. My hope is that developers will implement that sort of lighting natively in virtual cockpits as they move forward with P3D specific planes. Until they do, though, I could possibly see justification for the asking price. 

Chris

22 minutes ago, simbol said:

I think it requires your airplane to be powered on first which defeats the purpose

It's a separate program, doesn't need any aircraft power.

skA8CX9.jpg

• Upvote 2