Hi

Only in DX10 and when it is foggy! I have white lines around the edges of my monitor! Normal? Any ideas?

Thx

Max

Actually having said that I decided I better look - the fog colour seems to form a one pixel line around which is visible against dark objects - curious

I am looking, but I think it is what it is.  I will try a test on an AMD gpu.  Its even odder because it doesn’t occur in the top left corner. It’s not related to the fixer as it’s the same without it, 

Ok thanks Steve! I have investigate in the internet. Could be from AA settings. May without sparsegrind Supers. it looks different. I will test this.

Its a bug in the fsx DX10 engine - it draws a boundary 2 pixels wide around the screen and this boundary is being accidentally fogged. 

It is using a "world matrix" which has no meaning for such a screen frame to calculate fogging.  For (0,0) top left it calculates the distance to eye point as 0 and it isn't fogged.  The other corners get incorrect fog distances from this meaningless world matrix which cause fogging.

It is possible to detect this and hide it - however the question is whether this can de done without breaking anything else.

And an accidental problem has an accidental fix..

If you go into the "other" dialog in Dx10 controller and select the axis color fix - that fixes the color of the axis indicator.  It also corrects a further problemthat I subsequently noticed which was that  the axis indicator got fogged.  

Because this screen boundary is drawn using similar settings, turning on the axis fix stops them appearing as fogged! - note that this is true even if you aren't using axis indicator.

• Upvote 1