Sign in to follow this  
edpatino

Good or bad news: last chance to upgrade to Windows 10

The problem in the future will be new hardware and software not optimised for windows 7, I think intel has already warned of this on there new chips, and all Microsoft will be doing is pushing out security updates until the end.

Then it`s win 10 or an Apple mac and you will be rid of big bad Microsoft.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On 11/5/2017 at 8:35 AM, Jude Bradley said:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 

Use the 2nd option "Create Windows 10 installation media"

I don't see it be a "Free" upgrade?

"If you don't have a license to install Windows 10 and have not yet previously upgraded to it, you can purchase a copy here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/get-windows-10."

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I have yet to hear a compelling reason to move from 7 to 10.

spacer.png

46 minutes ago, Jude Bradley said:

I am still wondering about doing the update to Win10.

I would like someone who might know if I install Win10 will it disconnect the myriad of software I currently have installed and require me to reinstall and maybe further require me to upgrade software.

I recall having a perfectly good Epson Scanner using XP, I got a new computer, the scanner was not upgraded to work with Win7, and therefore was junk, requiring me to buy an new scanner....I was not happy.

Bryan

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

You can stay with what you have at the moment but build a new PC and try running it on WIN XP and see what happens, hardware without drivers to install, the same will be the case with WIN 7 in time.

The same is going on in flight sim at the moment some developers no longer supporting 32bit sims. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

On 11/4/2017 at 4:33 PM, HighTowers said:

No issues with win10 and better to be up to date with security especially with all the rampant loopholes trying to be spoofed and hacked. If there  is issues with win10 then its usually to do with older hardware and the manufacturer not putting out win10 drivers. Better to get it free by the deadline than to pay MS for a whole new OS come 2020. 2 years is not that far off. 

Perhaps look at this security chart and make a decision. 

securityfeaturescompared.jpg

That's a great list! Now, please tell me which one of fancy those pieces of merde has turned my overclocked 7700K/1080ti PC powerhouse system a stuttering gob-fest since the KB4043961 update got installed on it?

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

7 hours ago, odourboy said:

That's a great list! Now, please tell me which one of fancy those pieces of merde has turned my overclocked 7700K/1080ti PC powerhouse system a stuttering gob-fest since the KB4043961 update got installed on it?

Not sure. Dont have that particular KB update probably because I was away so it was updated within another update but never had any sort of slow down with any update at all. 

I would have a look at your processes and see what is using up all your CPU time. 

I dont expect every single update to be installed without a hitch  as its software and there are millions of computers with all sort of combinations,  but if its a minority, then its more likely something within your system. If they had hundreds of thousands with that issue, there would have been a hotfix for it. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png