Sign in to follow this  
RJC68

Best Aerobask for XP11

Hi There,

I have been thinking about adding one of the Aerobask planes to my hanger. I have narrowed it down to the following:

Panthera V3

Eclipse 550 NG

Velocity V-Twin

Epic E1000

I want something I can fly whenever I do not have 3 - 4 hours for a 767/A330/737 flight. The problem is the aircraft I listed above all look fantastic lol and I cannot make up my mind so I would love to hear what anyone out there thinks who owns any of the Aerobask products I am considering

Happy Friday 

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

They're all of a similar (high) quality so it probably comes down to which aircraft you're most drawn to.

I own them all and my personal preference is the Panthera V3.  A lovely exotic single to take on nice short trips.   I do love the E1000 too.   Although the Eclipse 550NG is generally more popular with simmers than these two, I'm personally not overly keen on it.   Hard to nail it down. For me (entirely subjectively) the FDE doesn't feel quite as 'nice' as the prop planes.  The Velocity is fun but I don't fly it as much as the Panthera as I like to relate to the real aircraft I'm flying and I've never been near a Velocity, nor see or heard much about them at all.    You really can't go wrong with any of them but the Panthera has a certain "X-factor" to it for me.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

Thanks for the reply Bill,

I was kinda leaning towards the Panthera as well. It certainly seems to be a nice general aviation choice.

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

On 11/3/2017 at 7:20 PM, JYW said:

They're all of a similar (high) quality so it probably comes down to which aircraft you're most drawn to.

I own them all and my personal preference is the Panthera V3.  A lovely exotic single to take on nice short trips.   I do love the E1000 too.   Although the Eclipse 550NG is generally more popular with simmers than these two, I'm personally not overly keen on it.   Hard to nail it down. For me (entirely subjectively) the FDE doesn't feel quite as 'nice' as the prop planes.  The Velocity is fun but I don't fly it as much as the Panthera as I like to relate to the real aircraft I'm flying and I've never been near a Velocity, nor see or heard much about them at all.    You really can't go wrong with any of them but the Panthera has a certain "X-factor" to it for me.

I was just looking for opinions on the canard from them.  Ever since I got my internet back I decided I was either going to get the ASDG Super Cub or the Aerobask Velocity.  Do you have the cub?  I'm wondering which one would be cooler hehe?  (I know totally subjective)

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

14 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

I was just looking for opinions on the canard from them.  Ever since I got my internet back I decided I was either going to get the ASDG Super Cub or the Aerobask Velocity.  Do you have the cub?  I'm wondering which one would be cooler hehe?  (I know totally subjective)

I think I'm a bit of a boring traditonalist when it comes to airplanes, Ryan lol.  Canards, and indeed the Velocity are a bit too radical for me.  It's a fantastic model but I'm not drawn to fly it much as I feel I just can't relate to it - never having seen one (or any canard) on the tarmac anywhere, in my 50 something years.  :)    So for me, I'd be drawn to the ASDG as ... well.... a cubs a cub!   ....and the fact that it has REP built in is very appealing.  I don't have it yet but will almost certainly pick it up.

Bill

UK LAPL-A

Currently flying:- (GA): COWS DA-42, A2A Comanche, FSW C414, WT SR22T, FSS P2006, BlSq TBM850, FSR M500, Flyboy Rans S6S, SWS Zenith 701,C172 JT-A mod (Airliners): Fenix A320, Ini A300-600, FBW A320 NEO and PMDG737.

Yes and no. The Super Cub is as a taildragger a completley different plane. I have never flown such a taildragger as the three Super Cub Versions. Not really usefull for transport purposes, but short distance flights get much more interesting and fun.

New to XP, just installed last weekend and looking for planes. I'm most interested in the Epic, maybe the Eclipse later on, but these two aren't XP 11 exclusively, where the Panthers and Velocity are exclusive to XP11. Are the exclusive planes better in XP 11 in any way? Flight model? Just curious. Looking at either the Epic or the Carenado C90 for now. 

No, they are both working perfectly fine in XP11. I fly the Eclipse in 10 and 11 and don't see/feel siginificant differences besides what 11 offers on top regarding the visuals (PBR, reflections).

If a plane is XP11 exvlusively, it just means that it won't work in XP10 as intended or at all, depending on how it was developed, which version of plane maker etc.

Thanks mgeiss, good to hear. Forgot to ask, how are fps affected with these planes? I assume there is some fps hit, especially with the G1000. Hopefully not too bad. 

I would get the Panthera.  They are doing a really nice sound FMOD update for free, soon.  The Panthera is pretty fast, (around 190 ktas at 8000 ft - can go faster if you need).  The skyview avionics are amazing, easily readable, and easy to input changes via touchscreen.  FPS are ok on my 2500K 4GHz / GTX 970 / 8GB ram.  If you have the RXP GTN 750 there is also a user mod for that which is nice.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Awesome!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

FMOD updates? Good! Does anyone know if other Aerobask models are getting FMOD too?

Thanks,

Alexander Colka

The FMOD update really is awesome - sounds like a totally different, "noisier" aircraft now. Love it!