Sign in to follow this  
drdickie

An observation about P3D/PMDG and Microsoft Office 2010

For unknown reasons, I could not run P3Dv4.1 and the latest PMDG products on the same system with Microsoft Office 2010 32-bit.  Either I got the "object libraries missing or damaged" message with Excel/Word, or P3D would start but the screen was black (I could hear the engines!). As a long-shot measure, I installed the 64-bit version of Office and the problems disappeared.  I cannot quantify it but P3D4.1 seems to load and run more smoothly...Office running well, also. So, if you are having some problems along these lines, you might consider this option.

• Upvote 1

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

It is unexpected that you wouldn't have the 64b runtime modules.... I would have expected the P3D installer to ensure the redistributals were there and get them if required. The OS can handle side by side modules with ease so it is not the case of either one or the other.  Odd.  EDIT:  Oh, okay, I misread your post.  P3D was running okay, your problem was with Office.  You could also get the x86 redistributals from the link below.

The direct solution, not involving Office, is to install the Visual Studio 2015 Redistributals from Microsoft here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48145

Dan Downs KCRP

On 11/4/2017 at 10:32 AM, Milton Waddams said:

Known issue, I'm pretty sure.

Sure, or pretty sure?

18 hours ago, drdickie said:

Sure, or pretty sure?

Known issue. FS2Crew (for RAAS) installs a Spanish version of Access or something like that for their purposes, which, unless you have the version of Office for your computer (x86/x64), can cause issues.

Kyle Rodgers

I have no Spanish versions of any Access files on my computer.

2 hours ago, drdickie said:

I have no Spanish versions of any Access files on my computer.

I see in your account that you have the 777 and the 747. That in mind, you have RAAS, and you therefore have the version of Access that I stated earlier. This is the cause of the issue that you're seeing.

Kyle Rodgers

I have no problems if I use the 64-bit version of Microsoft Office 2010.

55 minutes ago, drdickie said:

I have no problems if I use the 64-bit version of Microsoft Office 2010.

Correct. This is what I mentioned in my first reply to this thread: "unless you have the version of Office for your computer (x86/x64), can cause issues."

Kyle Rodgers