Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

Do not go gentle into that good night...

I thought this screenshot looked a bit dark & brooding, hence the title. In real life there are only a few airworthy examples of Curtiss Commandos.

2017-10-30_23-18-36-403.jpg

I need to fix the disappearing prop texture.

• Upvote 4

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

26 minutes ago, HighBypass said:

In real life there are only a few airworthy examples of Curtiss Commandos.

Yup, I think there's only about five or six airworthy ones now but there are quite a few more intact airframes dotted around the world which could be made airworthy if someone had the desire (and cash) to do so.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Innovative design...patented high pressure fuselage and like all the piston engine airliners made obsolete by the jet engine.....they even tried the R3350.

HLJAMES

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, HLJames said:

....and like all the piston engine airliners made obsolete by the jet engine.....

Except in Alaska and parts of South America where the environment's just too harsh :cool: 

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Near and dear to my heart. My dad worked on these back in the 1950's, with the Air National Guard, and my girlfriend volunteers with the City of Monroe's C-46 "Tinker Belle."  

You simply can't appreciate the massive size of this airplane, until you've walked around it, or "climbed" your way up to the cockpit from the rear stairs. It's a beautiful airplane!

• Upvote 1