Sign in to follow this  
RXP

RXP GTN 750/650 Touch X-Plane v2.4.9 Released!

Well, got into X-Plane 11.05 today and no go. The GNS is a blank screen again. After I checked it last night to see if it came up, I just left X-Plane. I made sure I unselected the GNS before I exited X-Plane. I am getting the same issue in the rxpGtnSim.dll.log file:

17/11/04 17:30:34.561 04424 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.4.9.0
17/11/04 18:05:16.965 07640 ERROR] Trainer Failed Task: 00000001
17/11/04 18:05:16.992 07640 ERROR] The specified procedure could not be found., code: 0000007f
17/11/04 18:08:30.137 07276 ERROR] Trainer Failed Task: 00000001
17/11/04 18:08:30.155 07276 ERROR] The specified procedure could not be found., code: 0000007f

And when I go to the Garmin trainer software, the GNS 750/650 will not turn on. But the other ones do.

Maybe its my video card I have?  I have a GTX 1080. Not the Ti. Also have the latest version of the Nvidia drivers installed.

Or maybe its a its a dll that I am missing?

13 minutes ago, asandor said:

But the other ones do.

What 'other ones' are you referring to? If using the GTN trainer 6.41, you have to run the 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Trainers\Launcher\Aviation_Trainer_Launcher.exe' to check it the trainer is working or not.

It is possible there is a file mismatch between the RC and the release during installation. To make sure about this, you may manually delete:

• C:\Program Data\Reality XP\rxpGtnSim32.dll
  • C:\Program Data\Reality XP\rxpGtnSim64.dll
  • X-Plane\Resources\plugins\rxpGTN\32\
  • X-Plane\Resources\plugins\rxpGTN\64\

Then reinstall 2.4.9 release.

NB: you don't have to use the e-commerce installer if you have ran it once, because it has extracted the RXP software installer in your C:\RealityXP\ folder, which you can run directly. The RXP software installer is rxpGTN-XPL-Setup.exe and its size is 23,310,620 bytes (v2.4.9 Release)

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

4 minutes ago, RXP said:

What 'other ones' are you referring to? If using the GTN trainer 6.41, you have to run the 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Trainers\Launcher\Aviation_Trainer_Launcher.exe' to check it the trainer is working or not.

It is possible there is a file mismatch between the RC and the release during installation. To make sure about this, you may manually delete:

• C:\Program Data\Reality XP\rxpGtnSim32.dll
  • C:\Program Data\Reality XP\rxpGtnSim64.dll
  • X-Plane\Resources\plugins\rxpGTN\32\
  • X-Plane\Resources\plugins\rxpGTN\64\

Then reinstall 2.4.9 release.

NB: you don't have to use the e-commerce installer if you have ran it once, because it has extracted the RXP software installer in your C:\RealityXP\ folder, which you can run directly. The RXP software installer is rxpGTN-XPL-Setup.exe and its size is 23,310,620 bytes (v2.4.9 Release)

With the trainer 6.41 software there is also the GDU 1060 that comes up and works fine.

I reinstalled  but no go, the 750 and 650 are still blank screen. Though you can tell that it is trying to turn on as there is a small glow in the background like in the picture I posted last night before I rebooted and reinstalled.

I don´t know if it has happened because I have updated to XPL11.10b6, but Black window back again. 
I have solved it with install 2.4.9 previous release, not final, and dll from final release.
Regards.

Ok, so playing around with it for a little bit, I actually got it to work. With the power on and avionics on when I start up the GTN it was a blank screen. But I tried to turn off the power and avionics while the GTN was up and when I turned the power and avionics back on the unit is now working. Though I have only 1 on, and I try to turn the other one, blank screen, I have to power off the power and avionics and then turn them back on again for both to work.

1 hour ago, jatar said:

I have solved it with install 2.4.9 previous release, not final, and dll from final release.

Which DLL from final release are you using?

@asandor I don't know what could be the issue at hand, but the RC we passed through seemed working stable for days. There is probably one last minute change between the RC and the Release related to the 'block' which solves the black screen issue, so I'll probably pass you a slightly different build just to compare this specifically on your systems. I know from the RC we've found exactly the reason why, it really is a matter of a few things in fact.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

1 hour ago, RXP said:

@asandor I don't know what could be the issue at hand, but the RC we passed through seemed working stable for days. There is probably one last minute change between the RC and the Release related to the 'block' which solves the black screen issue, so I'll probably pass you a slightly different build just to compare this specifically on your systems. I know from the RC we've found exactly the reason why, it really is a matter of a few things in fact.

Until that build, for now I can just turn off the power and avionics and turn them back on to get the 750/650 working.

Hi Jean-Luc, after update xpl to beta6, window black, so I have installed the final release, and window continue black, so I come back to dll you sent me by pm and Light again. 
the file has 6978kb
Thanks

Hi Gent's ..

After updating RXP GTN-750 in Xplane 11, screen went to black, I can see that it's not lunching the GTN in task manager, so that means that there is some kind of conflict.

Im using Nvedia 1050Ti, last time this happened was with another card which I updated the driver and it started working, this time I thought that this was the problem and updated to the latest nvedia driver but same issue persists.

RXP can you elaborate further on a fix for this.

Thanks

Hi, can you post the content of the RXP log file? (files and path are in the User's Manual).

Here you go

rxpGtnSim.dll.log

17/11/15 07:33:16.576 09856 -    ] # rxpGtnSim64.dll version 2.4.9.0
17/11/15 07:33:43.758 09856 INFO ] using E:\Garmin\GTN Trainer Data

rxpGTN.xpl.log

17/11/15 07:33:13.348 09856 -    ] # win.xpl version 2.4.9.0
17/11/15 07:33:16.975 09856 INFO ] using GTNSIMDATA = "E:\Garmin\GTN Trainer Data"
17/11/15 07:33:16.981 09856 INFO ] using GTNSIMPATH = "E:\Garmin\GTN Trainer\GTN\sys\sim"

It looks like you are redirecting the trainer executable path and its data path.

Have you manually moved the trainer from its default installation path and are these paths correct?

Otherwise, if you've not manually moved the files, was the plugin failing to auto-detect the paths?