Sign in to follow this  
RXP

RXP GNS 530W/430W V2 FltSim v2.3.5 Released!

I'm pleased to announce the v2.3.5 is now live in your "Check Updates..."

Thank you all for your assistance with the release candidate!

• New: Added "Auto-Save Active Route (.PLN)" for FltSim ATC Flight Following.
  • New: Added "Power Knob Switch" setting.
  • New: Added wind vector to map page (requires Shadin ADC enabled).
  • Enhanced: Using legacy mouse cursors graphics with "Use Legacy Mouse Knobs".
  • Enhanced: Assistant offers "NOBEZEL" option when replacing VC gauges.
  • Enhanced: Further performance and stability enhancement.
  • Fixed: Magvar error in published variables.

PS: should you've installed the RC, check updates will not report the new version. You'd need to download the e-commerce installer from our website instead.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Yes - thanks for another very useful update. I do appreciate the configurable power on/off functionality.

And not to forget... :smile:

• New: Added wind vector to map page.

Regards,
Nick

P.S. Because I already had the v2.3.5 RC installed, the "check updates" feature showed my installation as already up-to-date. However, this was easily resolved by re-downloading the e-commerce installer. 

• Upvote 1

Nick M - A2A Simulations

3 hours ago, Nick M said:

P.S. Because I already had the v2.3.5 RC installed, the "check updates" feature showed my installation as already up-to-date. However, this was easily resolved by re-downloading the e-commerce installer. 

Yes. Need the Check Updates to work after RC's. Concerned as the Flight1 e-commerce routine for reinstall may be limited to a finite number of reinstalls. I have had that happen with some products there. In my case I have some kind of email miss-match issue that has been difficult to resolve, so gaining additional increments of reinstalls is an issue.  I write them and ask for help and they seem to be stuck replying to an old no-longer existent email address. So I never get see a response.  I ask again and they say they have sent the information to the email address on record like that is some security step for them, even though that old email address does not match my email address associated with the product purchase and reinstall process.  Very frustrating! Again, speaking here about the Flight1 e-commerce process, not about RXP.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

@Nick M thank you for the reminder, it is now added in the list.

@fppilot I think they have an automated online service to associate email addresses to purchases. Is it that you've already done this, but the emails kept being sent to the older email anyhow? Is this the page "Changing Your E-mail Address on an Order"?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

11 minutes ago, RXP said:

Is this the page "Changing Your E-mail Address on an Order"?

I will need to look for that. Do not recall that was available at the time of the issues.  It's been a couple of years since since I built my current system and was in the process of installing licensed products on that new system. What I recall was ID verify failures followed by an endless loop of frustration. And solving it for one product did not solve it for the next.  Was worse than pulling teeth.

The reinstalls of your updates are the first I can recall since then.  I believe I had to reinstall your v2 once, then came the mid-October update, then the recent RC, and now the new update.  So with that number of reinstalls I was anxious this morning.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

If you can login to your account you can see all past orders associated with that account and you can change your email as well. https://www.flight1.com/login.asp?mode=logout Hope this helps.

My first order was back in 2004 when I had an older email and is now associated with my new email.

P.S. My first order with RXP was Feb 6, 2005 RealityXP - Flight Line Avionics.:smile:

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, bills511 said:

My first order with RXP was Feb 6, 2005 RealityXP - Flight Line Avionics.

This has been quite a product at the time! Simple yet powerful device, straight to the point of navigation from A to B!

Has the issue with assigning button presses and keyboard commands to the GNS functions been resolved? 

29 minutes ago, fabs79 said:

Has the issue with assigning button presses and keyboard commands to the GNS functions been resolved? 

Works perfectly for me.

• Upvote 1

David Porrett

wind vector working good!  

• Upvote 1

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Great update so far, but sometimes it's the little things that make you smile... so thanks much for allowing the legacy style indicators.  For those of us who've been using the legacy GNS's for years, the change is welcome.

Scott

• Upvote 1

OK - I am having some trouble with this update:

1. Power source Avionics bus appears to no longer be working, the GNS is live even with battery OFF

2. I can not for the life of me find a description of the Legacy Mouse variable..

Help!

Bert

Hi Bert,

The legacy variables are deprecated and serves only the purpose of making aircraft specifically designed for the legacy GNS to benefit from the same information  with the GNS v2. They are just knob rotation angle and GPS power state info only, mostly existing just to sync the 2d gauge and the 3D model appearance.

Is there a particular need to know them?

As for legacy mouse (not variables) it is self-documented in the ini file, and documented in this forum in a few threads. Do you remember when we were first to introduce, 13 years ago, mouse handling via left + right + middle click?

As for avionics bus, it depends on your aircraft. The GNS v2 merely reads the sim variable "CIRCUIT AVIONICS ON" when using 'avionics' and "CIRCUIT GENERAL PANEL ON" when using 'battery'.

Should the aircraft cfg does not configure the circuits appropriately, I guess this could cause the feature to work differently than intended, and this is expected. You might want to cross check these with your Xml debug gauge and see what the aircraft does tell?

53 minutes ago, RXP said:

As for legacy mouse (not variables) it is self-documented in the ini file, and documented in this forum in a few threads. Do you remember when we were first to introduce, 13 years ago, mouse handling via left + right + middle click?

Please don't be cute...

I cannot find the parameter name - please help!

Is this it?

; use legacy mouse (left CCW, right CW, middle Push) (override instances settings)
UseAltMouse = false

Bert