Sign in to follow this  
RXP

RXP GNS 530W/430W V2 FltSim v2.3.5 Released!

Yes this is the one! You can also find it in the 'advanced' gauge settings in the Settings Panel.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

OK - found it... I thought is was a new parameter, but it is a new function for an existing parameter.. My bad.  :blush:

I'll send you some screenshots of the Avionics bus situation..

Bert

No problems and thank you for your screenshots, we'll have a look at this tomorrow.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Having issues with activation of F1 ecommerce having exceeded the number of activations. Who do I go to? Here or Flight1?

Trojan in the latest v2.3.5 update?

W10 with P3Dv4, RealityXP indicated update available, downloaded update [zip file] and extracted. 

Microsoft Security Essentials indicated rxpGNS2-530-FSIM.exe infected with Trojan:Win32/Azden.A!cl

Checked again with www.virustotal.com which confirmed malicious trojan content.

Please advise

27 minutes ago, zola said:

Trojan in the latest v2.3.5 update?

W10 with P3Dv4, RealityXP indicated update available, downloaded update [zip file] and extracted. 

Microsoft Security Essentials indicated rxpGNS2-530-FSIM.exe infected with Trojan:Win32/Azden.A!cl

Checked again with www.virustotal.com which confirmed malicious trojan content.

Please advise

Hi Zola,

The GNS software requires a higher level of access to your machine than many programs - suspect a "False Positive" which we see quite a bit in this hobby... It certainly worth asking though - I'm sure Jean-Luc will be along to confirm...

Regards,
Scott

• Upvote 1

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hi,

Yes you are right Scott.

Zola, it is most likely a false positive, and this is also already answered in our forums:

14 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

OK - I am having some trouble with this update:

1. Power source Avionics bus appears to no longer be working, the GNS is live even with battery OFF

Hi Bert,

the bug introduced in v2.3.5 has been found and is fixed for the next update. Thank you for catching this one.

On November 5, 2017 at 6:09 PM, Bert Pieke said:

2. I can not for the life of me find a description of the Legacy Mouse variable..

I stand corrected! A case of RMOFM (Read My Own ....) LOL

It is documented in the RXP GNS V2 User's Manual, p14 "Variables for 3D models"

Inadvertent/unintended power off. Want to report an experience with power to the GNS530v2. I imit my comment on this experience to the 530v2 because that was the only model in use when this happened. Twice during a flight today my GNS530v2 powered down. It gave me the on-GNS-screen warning to hit the power switch within x seconds or it would power off.  I was so surprised both times that I did not get to the power switch in time.  It happened each time when I clicked elsewhere on the gauge. Once was a click on the ENT button. I believe it was a click when it was popped up.  The other was a click mid-screen to close a pop up.  My settings were Power Source = avionics buss and Knob Switch to default off.  I had this happen once on Saturday as well with a v2 gauge but did not make note of it as I was working with positioning 2D popups at the time, not flying.

Both instances today happened early in my 1.5 hour flight.  The first instance was during taxi.  The second instance was within a couple of minutes of takeoff.  The remainder of the flight the 530 was fine, and I was constantly clicking various buttons and knobs while using the gauge both in the VC and 2D popup.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hi Frank and thank you for the report. It might be related to the bug we've fixed for the next release which prevents the unit to power off when set to either avionics bus or batteries. It was a typo in the code in fact, close to the code added to handle the power knob. I'd suggest to wait the next update and see if this comes back again then.

2 hours ago, RXP said:

Hi Frank and thank you for the report. It might be related to the bug we've fixed for the next release which prevents the unit to power off when set to either avionics bus or batteries. It was a typo in the code in fact, close to the code added to handle the power knob. I'd suggest to wait the next update and see if this comes back again then.

Sent you a PM here ...

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On 11/7/2017 at 0:40 PM, fppilot said:

Inadvertent/unintended power off. Want to report an experience with power to the GNS530v2. I imit my comment on this experience to the 530v2 because that was the only model in use when this happened. Twice during a flight today my GNS530v2 powered down. It gave me the on-GNS-screen warning to hit the power switch within x seconds or it would power off.  I was so surprised both times that I did not get to the power switch in time.  It happened each time when I clicked elsewhere on the gauge. Once was a click on the ENT button. I believe it was a click when it was popped up.  The other was a click mid-screen to close a pop up.  My settings were Power Source = avionics buss and Knob Switch to default off.  I had this happen once on Saturday as well with a v2 gauge but did not make note of it as I was working with positioning 2D popups at the time, not flying.

Both instances today happened early in my 1.5 hour flight.  The first instance was during taxi.  The second instance was within a couple of minutes of takeoff.  The remainder of the flight the 530 was fine, and I was constantly clicking various buttons and knobs while using the gauge both in the VC and 2D popup.

I recently changed the settings on a dual 430 setup in the A36 to Avionics Bus and Default Off on the power switch. Tonight I had 2 occurrences of inadvertent power off of both units. Both times it was associated with a click just as Frank describes. I know you’ve (Jean-Luc) indicated this might be fixed in the upcoming release but I wanted to report another occurrence but 430. I’ve since turned the power button back to Volume Only. Funny but mine also occurred twice early in the flight and then was fine after I went to Volume Only. 

[CPL]  I9-9900K @5.0GHz HT ON, Maximus XI Hero, ASUS TUF RTX4080 OC, 32GB DDR4 3200 14, 1TB NVMe SSD, 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 40" Samsung 4K TV, Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Logitech Rudder Pedals, WIN11

On 11/15/2017 at 7:35 PM, bbuckley said:

Tonight I had 2 occurrences of inadvertent power off of both units. Both times it was associated with a click just as Frank describes.

I've noticed that if you powered on from the VC, the popup gauge does not seem to reflect this.  The first time you click for a popup, both popup and panel will start to power down.  My workaround for now is to always initially power up from the popup.

Scott

• Upvote 2