Sign in to follow this  
divinglyc

No effect seen for the latest P3D v4.1 version

Hello 

I try setting on the I but still no effects , the other effects work on pmdg , also the registrator editor have found the P3d sim . I dont have fs 2 crew yet . No one of the effects are working in P3d 4.1 . Please help....! 

Regards Thomas 

For me the effects work from time to time so I was thinking why is that?

After two days of testing (to be absolutely sure I was right) I found that the Q400 do not always register the engines as running even if they do.
Some times the engines register as on (Immersion works) then over and over again after startup the engines register in P3D v4.1 as off or NOT running.
You can test this by selecting the "User tips" in P3D Option/Information page, P3D will even after engine startup display the Engine startup tips.
If you use GSX you will see that you can start "GATE Services" even if the engines running but form time to time you will get the engines running message.
Also you can try to load in the default Piper Cub after you started the engines on your Q400. 

If after the change the engine on the Piper Cub is running then it's OK engines register as running and the smoke system works.
If after the change the engine on the Piper Cub is NOT running then engines register as NOT running and the smoke system will NOT work.

This have been tested (3 times) with a clean install of PrePar3D v. 4.1 and with a clean installation of the MJC 8 Q400 (no ChasePlane, or Immersion installed) with the same outcome.

So it's a problem with the Q400 in P3D v 4.1

PS ! I have never seen all the Immersion effects. 

22 minutes ago, Sigma1958 said:

For me the effects work from time to time so I was thinking why is that?

After two days of testing (to be absolutely sure I was right) I found that the Q400 do not always register the engines as running even if they do.
Some times the engines register as on (Immersion works) then over and over again after startup the engines register in P3D v4.1 as off or NOT running.
You can test this by selecting the "User tips" in P3D Option/Information page, P3D will even after engine startup display the Engine startup tips.
If you use GSX you will see that you can start "GATE Services" even if the engines running but form time to time you will get the engines running message.
Also you can try to load in the default Piper Cub after you started the engines on your Q400. 

If after the change the engine on the Piper Cub is running then it's OK engines register as running and the smoke system works.
If after the change the engine on the Piper Cub is NOT running then engines register as NOT running and the smoke system will NOT work.

This have been tested (3 times) with a clean install of PrePar3D v. 4.1 and with a clean installation of the MJC 8 Q400 (no ChasePlane, or Immersion installed) with the same outcome.

So it's a problem with the Q400 in P3D v 4.1

PS ! I have never seen all the Immersion effects. 

Thank you so much for your detailed test! I have been experiencing exactly the same as you, however, I didn't know how to check the engine registry.

I never saw all of the effects too, just some, or none.

So right now we have to turn this issue to Majestic??

If so, could you please send them a ticket about this?

Iching Lee from Taiwan

Thank you very much for your research @Sigma1958. We have made some research on our end and the results are similar.

We have contacted them about it already.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

On 9. 11. 2017 at 5:15 PM, Tarnese123 said:

Hello 

I try setting on the I but still no effects , the other effects work on pmdg , also the registrator editor have found the P3d sim . I dont have fs 2 crew yet . No one of the effects are working in P3d 4.1 . Please help....! 

Regards Thomas 

I also don`t get any effects, other FSFX covered aircraft are fine (PMDG 737 and 777)... Any clues?

• Upvote 1

Matej Stavanja

I have contacted MJF about this and they will look at it.

I have also tested different startup scenarios and found one that works every time I have tested it :cool:.

Just start P3D select your airport etc.. select the Q400 version you want to use and load the scenario.

Then when it's loaded make the plane Cold and Dark : turn of all power also ground power, external power sw. generator sw. etc.., of with ignition and condition levers to CUT.

Save this Scenario and restart P3D
On the startup screen load the saved scenario when it's loaded you might see the external power generator wait for it to go away, if it's still there after a few seconds then you have forgot the external power sw. (turn it of save and try again).
Now you can do a Cold and Dark startup.

Regards Widar

PS. I still miss some effects !!!     

3 hours ago, Sigma1958 said:

I have contacted MJF about this and they will look at it.

I have also tested different startup scenarios and found one that works every time I have tested it :cool:.

Just start P3D select your airport etc.. select the Q400 version you want to use and load the scenario.

Then when it's loaded make the plane Cold and Dark : turn of all power also ground power, external power sw. generator sw. etc.., of with ignition and condition levers to CUT.

Save this Scenario and restart P3D
On the startup screen load the saved scenario when it's loaded you might see the external power generator wait for it to go away, if it's still there after a few seconds then you have forgot the external power sw. (turn it of save and try again).
Now you can do a Cold and Dark startup.

Regards Widar

PS. I still miss some effects !!!     

Wow! Thanks so much for your dedication and experiment.

I have one question. Do I have to save and load a scenario when I change a different airport?

Thanks!

Iching Lee from Taiwan

Hi divinglyc,

Just load your saved scenario and move to any airport, parking position and time/date of your liking that works for me.

regards Widar 

• Upvote 1

On 11/22/2017 at 10:44 PM, Sigma1958 said:

Hi divinglyc,

Just load your saved scenario and move to any airport, parking position and time/date of your liking that works for me.

regards Widar 

Thank you so much.

Hope there will be a fix so we don't have to do this later....

Iching Lee from Taiwan

I have built many explosion and exhaust effects in FSX P3D v2.5 and 3.4. I have now upgrade to v4.1 and while the FX tool can load any effect, hitting "Do Effect" does nothing (shows no effect) but it does play whatever wav is part of that effect at a very low volume that I cannot increase even with speakers up FULL.

Finally got my P3D v3.4 SDK working again and fx display properly with full sound. . . so something is different in v4.1. Even 4.1 fx loaded directly from the 4.1 effects folder do not display so it cannot be the fx itself but rather some other parameter or setting . . sound volume is extremely low   . .  but it's there.

i noticed today, now that it is getting cold, that I am not getting any smoke on Q400 startup with P3D version 3.4. Then I tried pressing letter I and see no effects at all. Is this a problem that I haven't noticed?  I have the latest version of the Q400 installed. VFX central says everything is OK. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

23 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

i noticed today, now that it is getting cold, that I am not getting any smoke on Q400 startup with P3D version 3.4. Then I tried pressing letter I and see no effects at all. Is this a problem that I haven't noticed?  I have the latest version of the Q400 installed. VFX central says everything is OK. 

PS, got it to work once last night after about a dozen tries, at least the I key got smoke. Have tried all kinds of startup scenarios for the Q400, including cold and dark, everything off, etc,,,  I am about ti give up on the Q400 Immersion. The 737 NGX works perfectly. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

PS, got it to work once last night after about a dozen tries, at least the I key got smoke. Have tried all kinds of startup scenarios for the Q400, including cold and dark, everything off, etc,,,  I am about ti give up on the Q400 Immersion. The 737 NGX works perfectly. 

Make sure you have the latest version of the Q400 installed. We worked with Majestic to get those issues fixed but at this point it's a bit beyond our control. The effects depend of the state of the engines in the simulator and since the Q400 uses its own physics, they have to manually keep track of those states and that proves to be a difficult task. If you have further issues after updating the aircraft, you can get in touch with Majestic Support to diagnose the issue of those engine variables not getting updated properly.

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

7 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

Make sure you have the latest version of the Q400 installed. We worked with Majestic to get those issues fixed but at this point it's a bit beyond our control. The effects depend of the state of the engines in the simulator and since the Q400 uses its own physics, they have to manually keep track of those states and that proves to be a difficult task. If you have further issues after updating the aircraft, you can get in touch with Majestic Support to diagnose the issue of those engine variables not getting updated properly.

After reading your posts, and the info on engine condition, I decided to  alter the startup procedure I have been using which was with the engines off. ( Ready to Board). I had tried every concevable way of starting from cold dark, with no success. I now decided to start the Q400 with engines already running ( Ready to Taxi ) using the MJC Control Panel setup. I launched the Q400 waited for the engines to spool up , pressed the "I" key, and immediately got the smoke effects. Tried it several times, and it worked every time. Now I wanted to see what would happen if I turned the engines off, after the initial start and then start them using the normal FS 2 Crew startup procedure. I shut the engines down using the Condition levers, hit the "i" key and no smoke effects as would be expected with engines off. Now I started engines with normal startup procedure, and then pressed the " I " key, and I got the smoke effects. 

So it appears that the work around for users having this issue, is to launch the Q400 with engines already running ( ready to taxi), shut engines down if you want to do a normal startup procedure, restart engines, and Immersion should work. 

Edited by Bobsk8