Sign in to follow this  
divinglyc

No effect seen for the latest P3D v4.1 version

Hi! I have been using fsfx immersions and other addon for a long time and I really appreciate it.

Today I bought immersion for Q400.( updated for P3D v4.1)

However, after starting the sim and I put myself in Tromso airport(ENTC) and it was a raining weather with snow on the ground.

I start the engine from cold and dark. Yet, I didn't notice and effect. Cold start smoke, Engine jet wash, Prop. vortices, Wheel spray, etc. Nothing there.

My FSUIPC version is up to date.

Is there anything wrong?

Thanks!

Iching Lee from Taiwan

Same here. I also can`t see effects in P3D4.1  (Q400 64bit, FSFX for Q400 installed successfully). Rain or snow or clear weather - does not matter, no one effect (also the default effect is gone ) ?

i see that FSFX has changed aircraft.cfg and added Effects folder 56 fx files (fsfx_Q400_........)

and aircraft.cfg here

[LIGHTS]
//Types: 1 Beacon, 2 Strobe, 3 Navigation or Position, 4 Cockpit, 5 Landing, 6 Taxi, 7 Recognition, 8 Wing, 9 Logo,10 Cabin
//1  Longitudinal Position        (feet)
//2  Lateral Position             (feet)
//3  Vertical Position            (feet)
// MJC light assignment:
// 1 Red ACOL, 2 Flare light, 3 POS, 4 VC Dome, 5 Approach, 6 Taxi, 7 Flare, 8 Wing, 9 Logo, 10 Cabin

light.0 = 10, -11.0, 0.0, 3.0, mjc84_dome, // dome light. 3.5P3D, 3.0FSX
light.1 = 2, -12.75, -2.9, 1.0, mjc84_CPT_CB, // Captain CB panel light
light.2 = 8, -12.75, 2.9, 1.0, mjc84_CPT_CB, // Fo CB panel light
light.3=  1, -10.00, -1.5, 0.5, mjc84_READING_LT, // Left side light from reading and map
light.4 = 7, -10.00, 1.5, 0.5, mjc84_READING_LT, // Right side light from reading and map

[EFFECTS]
wake=fx_dummy
water=fx_dummy
dirt=fx_dummy
concrete=fx_dummy
//(Disabled by FSFX_PFX_Effect)//touchdown=fx_tchdwn, 1
//(Disabled by FSFX_Q400_Effect)touchdown=fx_dummy
touchdown=fx_dummy //FSFX_Q400_Effect
WheelSnowSpray=fx_dummy
WheelWetSpray=fx_dummy
contrail=fx_dummy
windshield_rain_effect_available=1
vaportrail_l=fx_dummy
vaportrail_r=fx_dummy
l_wingtipvortice=fx_dummy
r_wingtipvortice=fx_dummy
EngineFire=fx_dummy
WetEngineWash=fx_dummy
//(Disabled by FSFX_Q400_Effect)startup=fx_dummy
startup=fx_dummy //FSFX_Q400_Effect

SnowEngineWash = fsfx_PFX_3263496B6372304972726D3730684D4C74476972497363777170555745577935 //FSFX_PFX_Effect
SkidPavement = fsfx_PFX_77755038474E6775336E5A6C3231714C4F656D4E4E467A496B396568304E694C //FSFX_PFX_Effect

[smokesystem]  //FSFX_Q400_Effect
smoke.0 = -50.50, 0.00, 2.05, fsfx_Q400_.............
smoke.1 = -108.90, 0.00, 17.95, fsfx_Q400_--------------

and so on

.smoke.60 =..................

When in simulator pressing smokesystem "I", then for a moment you will see powerfully effects . Whether the effects should be at all times, not to be involved with a smokesystem?

What should be like that, that you need to press "I" and only then you see Q400 fsfx immersions ?

PS! In my P3D4.1 Effects options (special effects detail and distance) is set to MAX.

same here .. absolutely nothing to see :-(

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

I can see Wheel spray, contrail, Prop. vortice.

But not Engine cold start smoke(temp -6C), no Engine wash, and no wing condenser. And what is lateral jet blast? I have never seen it.

Is it normal??

Iching Lee from Taiwan

Are you guys using FS2Crew?

We are looking at a potential conflict between both products...

Regards,
Keven

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

When I first got the Q400 immersion package (was using it in FSX before the P3D v4 version came out) I found that if my default flight was configured in a cold and dark state (in my case, using the default Maule Orion) with the battery switch off, the immersion package effects would not load, even with the engines running. I had to adjust my default saved flight so the battery was on and then the immersion package worked. I'm not sure but I think it might be because the effects are tied to the FSX/P3D smoke system, which may require the sim's battery "variable" to be on.

Your milieage may vary, it's just what worked for me... also the effects work beautifully for me in P3D v4.1.

2 minutes ago, molleh said:

When I first got the Q400 immersion package (was using it in FSX before the P3D v4 version came out) I found that if my default flight was configured in a cold and dark state (in my case, using the default Maule Orion) with the battery switch off, the immersion package effects would not load, even with the engines running. I had to adjust my default saved flight so the battery was on and then the immersion package worked. I'm not sure but I think it might be because the effects are tied to the FSX/P3D smoke system, which may require the sim's battery "variable" to be on.

Your milieage may vary, it's just what worked for me... also the effects work beautifully for me in P3D v4.1.

We indeed observed very odd behaviors like this during development. The Smoke system requires the engines to be running for the effects to show. Because of the custom flight dynamic used in the Q400, the simulator variables aren't always following. We have worked with Majestic to fix those issues and they should no longer be present.

Can you confirm you are having the same issues in v4.1?

Keven Menard 
Technical Director, //42

I have no problems with any of the effects in P3D v4.1. They all work as they should.

5 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

Are you guys using FS2Crew?

We are looking at a potential conflict between both products...

Regards,
Keven

No, I am not using Fs2crew..

Thanks!

Iching Lee from Taiwan

No, I am also not using Fs2crew..!

kind regards, ggerolamo

spacer.png                       spacer.png

10 hours ago, Keven Menard said:

We indeed observed very odd behaviors like this during development. The Smoke system requires the engines to be running for the effects to show. Because of the custom flight dynamic used in the Q400, the simulator variables aren't always following. We have worked with Majestic to fix those issues and they should no longer be present.

Can you confirm you are having the same issues in v4.1?

Keven:

I notice sometimes I can see some of them, but occasionally, I see nothing, even if I press "I" key, nothing happened.....

I cannot tell what's making the difference because what I do is the same.

Thanks for helping!

Iching Lee

Iching Lee from Taiwan

Hello, 

Also I use the effects, nevertheless, seealso none, however, is of use Fs2crew. What has struck me this I every time vfxcentral by hand must start, then I gopurely to Sim and starts the Majestichtake out of vision ready, and useweather to Gray and Rainy the effectsare indicated. If I then, however, in theCold and Dark start one can select withMajestic, and has Fs2crew in addition innothing more is a matter running. Willthere be then Fixed to itself does not getin the way any more?

Greetings