Sign in to follow this  
YMMB

Mouse cursor issues in FSW

Hi all,

I had a Windows 10 (64bit) update and FSW update last night to the latest builds of both and now the mouse cursor shrinks to a minuscule size when using the programs settings.

In-game the mouse is "normal" size when clicking on aircraft button/click spots etc, but shrinks as soon as it is moved off a click spot.

Edit: BTW way same happens in Outlook 2016 when clicking over a link in an email message only.

Thanks in advance

Al.

This is a Windows 10 issue.  Here is one link to try and fix the issue.  Skip "Way 1" in the link since your mouse already works.  "Way 2" might work.  Other than that, start checking Windows 10 links about this.

Thanks however while I've followed these steps, my mouse cursor doesn't actually disappear, it shrinks in size to almost a tiny dot while still able to work normally.

Saw someone else reporting this after a Windows 10 Creator Update back in June, but haven't found any other solutions.  And that was just editing text where they described the same problem you are experiencing.  Nothing to do with FSW, just Windows being a pain.

On 4 November 2017 at 7:47 AM, theohall65 said:

This is a Windows 10 issue.

No it's not - it's been around at least since Windows 8.

Al, do you have a mouse or a track pad?

Do you use the manufacturers driver for your pointing device? If yes, have you tried uninstalling it and using the default Windows driver? If no, try installing the manufacturers driver.

I'm not 100% certain but I think the Fall Creators Update may have installed a newer graphics driver on my system. Although it hasn't affected me, new graphics drivers have sometimes caused mouse cursor problems in the past. If all else fails, it may be worth installing a different graphics driver.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

Thanks theohall65 and vortex681. I have a Logitech G602, I think I'm using the generic Windows drivers although I do also have Logitech gaming device software installed for allocating functions to a Logitech keyboard G110) . I haven't used it for the Mouse which doesn't mean it isn't controlling it. I'll try your suggestions.  The strange thing is it only effects FSW and Outlook 2016 while P3DV4.1 is OK.

My bad - should have said it's  Windows issue without listing a number.  The general point is it's not FSW specific since it also effects Outlook and based on other reports, editing certain text files also.

Seems to have worked,

deleted all references under Device Manager of the "Mice and all generic pointing devices" software,

reinstalled the latest version of Logitech software for my G602, rebooted,

change the theme of the mouse to one I had never used before using the Windows mouse properties and it seems to have worked with pc on for 15 hours and no mouse "shrinkage" in sim or MS Office software.

I had previously deleted the references in Device manager but never followed the full sequence as I stated above.

Thanks again vortex681 and theohall65, was going to buy an electron microscope to spot the mouse otherwise.