Sign in to follow this  
tonymerry

Majestic Dash 8 take off config alarm

I am having a problem with the Dash 8 in P3Dv4, in that whatever I do, the take off configuration alarm cannot be silenced. I am using exactly the same checklists I used in the fsx version & never had this problem.

I have gone over every item many times  i.e. black warning panel, flaps 5 , nosewheel steering off, take off speeds set etc etc. but still the darn thing bleeps. Is this a bug in P3Dv4 or can anyone suggest a cure.

Thanks as always.  Tony Merry

In external view, are your spoilers deployed, even though you've done nothing to trigger their deployment? If so, you'll hear the T/O config alarm. I ask, because I'm experiencing this issue and am still troubleshooting it. Please let me know if you're seeing the same.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Do you start from a saved panel state ?  if so something could be wrong in there. Otherwise: is your trim set ?  and the antiskid on ?  are all the lights on the waning panel just below the overhead off ?

What happens if you do the T/O warning test before you take off ?  Does that trigger an alarm ?

I do not believe that what you experience is a bug. I myself can take off happily, once all the conditions are met.

b rdgs / Dick

=

Hi Dick

I start from the cold & dark panel state. Trim is in the white band, anti skid on, the warning panel is all black. Yes the T/O warning does trigger an alarm, but I still can't find a missing procedure to trigger the alarm. Mystified!

Regards Tony Merry

What checklist do you use ?  If I have a copy of it I will run a cold and dark from it and see what happens...

Have you tried starting P3D  with a cub or other default aircraft before you load the dash ?  You mention P3dV4 but I take it you use 4.1 ?

You really should be able to enjoy this top aircraft !

b rdgs / Dick

=

Tony,

Sounds like most of the items needed are in check, final review:

Items that will trigger the takeoff warning horn if not correctly set

Flaps 5, 10 or 15 ......SET
Trim......in the white rage
Parking brake......OFF
Aileron Trim.......0

*****The FLIGHT/TAXI switch MUST NOT be engaged prior to performing the T/O warning test*****

*Ensure that aileron trim is neutral. Also ensure that your aileron is neutral, and if performing in a crosswind takeoff do not over-correct the aileron as that too will trigger the takeoff warning horn.

**The nose wheel steering is NOT turned off for takeoff, this remains ON, unless your nose wheel steering is INOP.

Cheers

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Thanks for all the advice. The points re the flight/taxi switch and the nosewheel steering I didn't know. Have solved the problem re the alarm at last. The props were not going fully to max although this was difficult to see. Recalibrating the controls has solved this one.

Another question. Where is the speed control dial? I can set the IAS via my "Goflight" autopilot but can't see a knob anywhere on the MCU.

Thanks again everybody  Tony Merry

2 hours ago, RudiJG1 said:

In external view, are your spoilers deployed, even though you've done nothing to trigger their deployment? If so, you'll hear the T/O config alarm. I ask, because I'm experiencing this issue and am still troubleshooting it. Please let me know if you're seeing the same.

The spoilers will be deployed when the FLIGHT/TAXI switch is engaged just prior to takeoff (this is normal).  When the PLs are pushed past 12 deg the spoilers will go back down.

Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip

Since the aircraft does not have auto-throttles there isn't a specific knob for adjusting speed inflight, but the vertical trim wheel on the FGCP is what controls speed during IAS modes, which also controls VS and PITCH

Banner_MJC8.png

1 hour ago, tonymerry said:

The props were not going fully to max although this was difficult to see. Recalibrating the controls has solved this one.

Ah yes, I had the same issue on my first flight in P3D 4.1. I noticed that the throttles were on 850, I believe, and then corrected in in the VC. Calibrating the axes is a must with P3D 4.1.

Peter

Hi Crosswind

Thanks for the reply. So how does one set the IAS for the climb speed in the autopilot? There must be some adjuster somewhere.

Regards Tony Merry

15 minutes ago, tonymerry said:

Hi Crosswind

Thanks for the reply. So how does one set the IAS for the climb speed in the autopilot? There must be some adjuster somewhere.

Regards Tony Merry

IAS mode, and roll the wheel to select your climb speed. The aircraft will pitch to maintain that speed. Then dial your desired altitude and ALT SEL. 

Jon Skiffington

Tony,

are both Condition Levers set to Max?

Michael

Michael Thesen

MSFS, HP Reverb G2, Gigabyte B760 32Gb, Samsung 970 EVO, Geforce RTX 4070-TI, Win11, i7-14700KF, Thrustmaster T16000M, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

1 hour ago, tonymerry said:

Hi Skiff

Which wheel?

Regards Tony Merry

The vertical wheel on the FGCP. 

Jon Skiffington