Sign in to follow this  
caleb1

A2A J3 Cub In Prepar3D

The A2A Simulations J3 Cub is said by A2A to only be compatible with FSX.  Does anyone have any experience using it in Prepar3D v3 or v4?

Thanks in advance.

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

Simulators:  Prepar3D v3.4, Prepar3D v4.5, FSX:SE, FSX:Gold Edition

Using the FSX Deluxe Edition SDK SP2 for development.

2 hours ago, caleb1 said:

The A2A Simulations J3 Cub is said by A2A to only be compatible with FSX.  Does anyone have any experience using it in Prepar3D v3 or v4?

Thanks in advance.

Yes it works fine and it's use in P3D is sanctioned, but not supported, by A2A.

Edit: You might have to juggle things a bit in P3DV4 with it's new add-ons folder but in V3 you just need a dummy fsx file in the P3D root directory.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

2 hours ago, gboz said:

Yes it works fine and it's use in P3D is sanctioned, but not supported, by A2A.

Edit: You might have to juggle things a bit in P3DV4 with it's new add-ons folder but in V3 you just need a dummy fsx file in the P3D root directory.

gb.

Ok.  Thanks very much for your reply.

Caleb Byers

PC: HP Envy 750, Intel Core i7 6700 @ 3.4 GHz (max 4.0 GHz), 24GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 745 with 4GB Memory, 2TB SSHD Windows 10 Home 64 bit.

I bought this through a Steam sale. I don't suppose there's anyway to use it in P3Dv4...

I really like it. And do miss it.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

15 hours ago, RichieFly said:

I bought this through a Steam sale. I don't suppose there's anyway to use it in P3Dv4...

I really like it. And do miss it.

I would assume that if you buy it through steam then it is the same files as if it were to be bought from any other store, but when you buy it from steam, it will install using the steam app into FSX:SE, instead of using a regular installer.  Then you can't use the installer to install it into P3D, but you can install it into FSX:SE and then copy the files from FSX:SE to P3D.  I would merge the folders "Gauges", "Effects", "Sim Objects", "A2A", and "Fonts" from your FSX:SE root folder into your P3D root folder.

Let me know if this works.  Thanks.

Glad to help.

Caleb Byers

FYI, it's been noted on the A2A forums that there are differences in flight behavior and ground handing. It is also not possible to use the float version as it will not be able to liftoff.

5 hours ago, Oracle427 said:

FYI, it's been noted on the A2A forums that there are differences in flight behavior and ground handing. It is also not possible to use the float version as it will not be able to liftoff.

Interesting.  I have seen this here:  https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/485659-how-do-i-install-a2a-fighter-planes-by-a2a-simulations-prepar3d-v3/.

Has anyone tried this?  Has the float version lifted off, and are the flight dynamics the same?

Caleb Byers

I understand that this is the case for any P3D version, and this is the reason why they are working on updates for the Accusim FSX aircraft that do not yet have P3D support.

10 hours ago, caleb1 said:

This will get it into the root directory of P3D V3 and V4 but current A2A P3DV4 installs go into the add-ons directory.
I guess it would work from the P3DV4 root directory but it might not be recognized by the A2A updater which I guess is pretty essential. There is no problem with the updater in P3DV3.

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Ok.  Thanks.  I'll try it and see if the float version works or not in Prepar3D.  If not, I can use FSX:SE (which I also own) for the Cub.

Thanks

Caleb Byers