Sign in to follow this  
asandor

GTN 750/650 and Carenado King Air B200

So, after I figured out how to get the GTN 750/650 working with my setup, I loaded up the Carenado King Air B200. Start up the battery and the avionics, every thing was looking good. I turned on the GTN 650, then powered down the avionics and battery.  When I tried to turn on the battery I noticed that the battery switch wasn't moving. I did the same for the avionics and it didn't move. Since I have a couple of Saitek panels, I usually turn stuff on though that. I noticed that the power did come on but some instruments didn't look right. The GTN 650 come on though. 

Here is part of the log.txt file where the problem occurs.

[SASL INFO] loading    GPS_hdef_dots_copilot
[SASL ERROR] can't load component    GPS_hdef_dots_copilot
[SASL ERROR] Error updating avionics: [string "s/Animations.sec"]:0: attempt to perform arithmetic on a nil value
[SASL INFO] loading    GPS_hdef_dots_copilot

It repeats that about 9000 times before I quite the sim.

I started back up the sim to look at the log file, and those lines are not there. As soon as I turn on the GTN 650, the lines show up in the logs.

Turning off the GTN 650 does not fix the issue. I have to exit the sim to get control back of the switches and displays.

Has anyone else seen this issue with Carenado aircraft?

This is either a problem with the aircraft code, or the LUA interface, or X-Plane 11.1 BETA ?

The GTN overrides some of the datarefs, like the one you are mentioning, using the XPlane SDK 'override' documented feature. It is possible there is something in their code which is not 'working' right when a third party plugin overrides the data? You might want to try disabling the overrides in disabling all the items in the first section of the Settings Panel. These are directly telling the GTN which set of datarefs to override among the following groups: GPS, HSI and VOR. In addition, you can configure the GTN to pilot or copilot. You might want to try out one of the other and see if this makes a difference?

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

50 minutes ago, RXP said:

This is either a problem with the aircraft code, or the LUA interface, or X-Plane 11.1 BETA ?

The GTN overrides some of the datarefs, like the one you are mentioning, using the XPlane SDK 'override' documented feature. It is possible there is something in their code which is not 'working' right when a third party plugin overrides the data? You might want to try disabling the overrides in disabling all the items in the first section of the Settings Panel. These are directly telling the GTN which set of datarefs to override among the following groups: GPS, HSI and VOR. In addition, you can configure the GTN to pilot or copilot. You might want to try out one of the other and see if this makes a difference?

Well, I tried what you suggested, and it did not work. I bet its something Carenado did when they redid the B200 for XP 11. I am using XP 11.05. Maybe I will send something to Carenado about and see what they say.

Are you saying none of the B200 systems works with the Reality XP gauges?

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

yes it interferes with sasl and stops all switches operating as per the post previously linked

Ok, so I just ran a test. I have both the XP10 and XP11 versions  of the Carenado Super King Air B200, only the XP11 version has the problem I indicated in my original post. The XP10 version works fine with the GTN units. I also have several other XP 10 planes from Carenado and they are all fine with the GTN units, at least for me they are. They probably made enough of a change in the XP11 updates that it is causing an issue with the GTNs.

This is a possibility, the other one being that SASL used with the C200 is not compatible with XP11.

Well it functions fine up to the point where I turn on the GTN unit. I'm getting ready to post something about it over at the org on the Carenado forum. We'll see what they have to say about it.