Sign in to follow this  
Teschmacher

FF 320 U (beta) + P2ATC = alt always std 29.92

hi 

since i got Pilot2ATC i have been exclusively and only flying the FF 320A beta in Xplane v11,  since it's private/public release, i did a good dozen of flights learning to use P2ATC,  and 'everything' worked almost 'hick ups'-free;  and the application is sufficiently intuitive for self learning, 

the only thing i have noticed is the altimeter (the red numbers on the top row) always remains stuck to standard 29.92 despite i was setting it on the aircraft as instructed by atc,  it did still remain STD in P2ATC. 

Neither i could adjust it from P2ATC ( double click the altimeter setting with the popup window), no matter what i have entered there it still remained as STD 29.92.. 

because of this, i was constantly experiencing altitude level discrepancies and conflicts with atc throughout the flight, the only work around i have found so far is to use the back up altimeter gauge that is set to STD altimeter on the 320 and  adjust my altitude on the a/p according to it.

so, it seems P2ATC doesn't detect the altimeter setting from the FF A320U neither it can send the alt setting to it,  saying that because COM 1&2 frequencies changes as well as squawk do work just fine. 

i presume, the FF A320 U is not using xpl's standard datarefs for the altimeter, so XPUIPC can't read them and can't send them to P2ATC.. 

uhm.. any clues for a possible fix?

Unfortunately, I believe your presumption is probably correct. 

I would report a bug to FF during the beta.  Perhaps they can send/receive the altimeter data to the standard data reference.

• Upvote 1

looking forward to get his solved in order to have p2atc + ffa320u work perfectly, thanks

what i think is, due to the level of complexity they have modeled their A320, if they are not using standard datarefs for the altimeter that must be for a reason, that means they must be overriding the whole altimeter setting/data that is being replaced by a very custom one of their own in order to flush the altimeter setting to somewhere else where it is being read for further calculations, like for the FMGC etc..    so there is probably very little or nothing we can do about it, even as a temporary workaround.  

i have brought this up into the FF A320U closed beta group and will wait what the dev (Assert) will say about it.

"On 11/4/2017 at 2:09 AM, Tim/Rodeo314 said:

Out of curiosity, could you elaborate on what makes X-Plane's atmospheric model incorrect?"

Assert wrote:

"It's simply not comply with standard atmosphere model in standard conditions (that's why you can see +1.0 in idle perf on MCDU INIT screen, this is a correction for the wrong XP atmosphere)... but this is not the most problem.

XP altimiter function is wrong, it's inconsistent with static pressure at the aircraft point from datarefs... i do not know what Austing doing there and why, but it's altimeter function is not standard. As i know, in XP it is a function of geometric elevation, and pressure correction, but not a function of the static pressure at the aircraft point as it should be. XP itself is a hack above hack...

That's why i am using a hack in XP integration, reversecomputing static pressure from altimeter value, to stay synchronized with VATSIM and other plugins... "

(...)

Once again. I am getting static pressure from altitude dataref, then sensor errors affects this static pressure. IRL ATC should have an altitude transmitted by the aircraft transponder, but in XP there is no separate daterf for this. More over, this datarefs are not writable.

The only thing i can do, is to add my own dataref for transponder altitude...

As a (most certainly) future buyer of the FF A320 (and having very basic knowledge on this topic), this is scaring me. What does this mean? Will we be unable to have correct altimeter settings between the airplane and P2A?

Thanks.

Fabrice Lambert

That's a question for Flight Factor. 

Also, a question for TeschMaster, is this quote from the FF Forums by a user, or is it an official response from Flight Factor support?

If from FF Support then I would be surprised.   

13 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

That's a question for Flight Factor. 

Also, a question for TeschMaster, is this quote from the FF Forums by a user, or is it an official response from Flight Factor support?

If from FF Support then I would be surprised.   

Not from support but the lead programmer himself, Assert.

I must admit I'm a little confused. Where can one purchase this FlightFactor Airbus Ultimate (beta)? Is it a closed beta for a selection of users, or is it possible to purchase it somewhere?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Anders, it is public beta for a selection of previous FF customers only. A second public beta with a limited number of available licences should be launched soon.

Fabrice Lambert