Sign in to follow this  
Iceman2

Flyinside P3DV4 and Active Sky Next

Can anyone help me find a fix, or is anyone else having the same problem?

When I run ASN while using Flyinside I loose all the low level clouds. I can set low level clouds from within the weather menu in SIM but as soon as ASN is started I'll only get the cirrus clouds and no low level clouds.

If I start P3Dv4 normally (without Flyinside) I still have no low level clouds.

I have reinstalled P3Dv4.1 and ASN works fine and I have low level clouds again but as soon as I run Flyinside the clouds are gone and I will need to reinstall P3D all over again. (Clearing the shaders does not fix it.) 

thanks

IM

Hi all,

Can anyone using Flyinside with ASN post saying they have ASN and Flyinside playing nice together with low level clouds.

Trying to trouble shoot some more.

thx

Are you meaning ASP4 or ASN because ASN won't work in V4.

3 hours ago, Slayer said:

Are you meaning ASP4 or ASN because ASN won't work in V4.

Arr yes... thanks, ASP4 version 6497. I’m using the full install not just the update, but it still won’t work with Flyinside.

You might try unchecking VR Optimizations in FlyInside. This works for a lot of missing things in X-Plane 11.

Hey Donald,

What version of XP11 you running... and what exactly was missing that you used No VR Optimizations?

Thanks

"It's ALL about Flying"

i7-9700k @5ghz | 32gb Gskill Ripjaw 5 DDR4 3000 | Nvidia RTX 4080 | W10 Pro | Samsung 32" 4K TV 

To  h3egc,

When you check VR optimizations in FlyInside with X-Plane 11,any version of 11, ( but I am running 11.10b6 currently).you lose the water textures. The water looks flat  and lifeless. There are a few other things but water is the main thing that sticks out.

Just an update:

I found that the cloud structure option in ASCA was the cause. If this is checked Flyinside will remove all the low level clouds.

I have not found a simple repair. So a full reinstall of P3Dv4 is required. Just a client and or scenery install will not be enough.

A weird problem but this has now fixed my issue.

IM