Sign in to follow this  
Seat*

CP down "Connection closed"

1 minute ago, WotanUK said:

They said at Cosford the need for an Internet connection was going to be optional sometime this month; can't come soon enough! 

If that was said from someone at fspackages then that is good news indeed. 

I can understand why they took that route but there should be another way of securing their product.

Loving Chase Plane................except the outages :bengong:

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, brucefriday123 said:

If that was said from someone at fspackages then that is good news indeed. 

I can understand why they took that route but there should be another way of securing their product.

Loving Chase Plane................except the outages :bengong:

To be fair i am not certain it was entirely about security, i also think it was to ensure that everybody was on the same version whilst the product was undergoing Alpha and later Beta testing.  CP seem to be a good company, i would like to think the best, rather than the worst.

Ian R Tyldesley

17 minutes ago, WotanUK said:

They said at Cosford the need for an Internet connection was going to be optional sometime this month; can't come soon enough! 

They said they were working on offline about half a year ago.

This is really happening too often nowadays

12 minutes ago, WotanUK said:

To be fair i am not certain it was entirely about security, i also think it was to ensure that everybody was on the same version whilst the product was undergoing Alpha and later Beta testing.  CP seem to be a good company, i would like to think the best, rather than the worst.

Its not a tool that requires "external" data in order to be functional (like a live weather engine for example). A permanent online requirement is clearly about piracy prevention.

I absolutely understand every payware dev who tries to protect his intellectual property, but as soon as piracy prevention starts to hurt legitimate, paying customers, it goes too far. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Daantjeeuh said:

They said they were working on offline about half a year ago.

This is really happening too often nowadays

Can't disagree with you, i am sat here right now waiting to fly.  It may have taken half a year to get ready to disable the link...  We can only hope that they at the very least, have it check in every now and again and allow it fail the check a few times.

Ian R Tyldesley

Just now, Woozie said:

Its not a tool that requires "external" data in order to be functional (like a live weather engine for example). A permanent online requirement is clearly about piracy prevention.

I absolutely understand every payware dev who tries to protect his intellectual property, but as soon as piracy prevention starts to hurt legitimate, paying customers it goes too far. 

Look i am not an employee of FSFX but it could be that they require testers (which is currently what we are) are all on the same version of the software for troubleshooting reasons.  I do think that they could make it less onerous for these somewhat common outages.

Ian R Tyldesley

Just now, WotanUK said:

Can't disagree with you, i am sat here right now waiting to fly.  It may have taken half a year to get ready to disable the link...  We can only hope that they at the very least, have it check in every now and again and allow it fail the check a few times.

Yeah same here...my familiy-approved weekend simming slot is shrinking with every minute passing....

Problem with CP is, although its still in experimental beta state, it already "works too good", so for many of us its the main camera tool without even looking at the competition. Kudos to the devs for such a stable beta software, there are much worse beta examples out there. However, given that its already sold as a full price addon, customer expectations are much higher in this regard 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Woozie said:

Yeah same here...my familiy-approved weekend simming slot is shrinking with every minute passing....

Problem with CP is, although its still in experimental beta state, it already "works too good", so for many of us its the main camera tool without even looking at the competition. Kudos to the devs for such a stable beta software, there are much worse beta examples out there. However, given that its already sold as a full price addon, customer expectations are much higher in this regard 

Yep, completely agree, this server connection at the very least needs to be more stable.

• Upvote 2

Ian R Tyldesley

Maybe Kevan expects us all to have a spare copy of Opus or Ezdoc to switch to every time he forgets to put a pound in the electric meter?

Come on guys we are being too nice - this is ridiculous!!

UK P3DV5 and Xplane 11 Simmer
PilotEdge I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

System details: Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (averaging 3.4mhz). NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8mb (laptop version), 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD - Samsung 970 Evo  500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.

I'm sorry, but I have zero tolerance for copy protection outages.  I pay for productive use oi software not a copy protection scheme.  I absolutely love the CP product. but this copy protection scheme needs to be turned off immediately especially since this is "beta" software.  

Parker Freeman - KTPA
i7 8700k@4.8, Asus Maximus X, Nvidia 1080TI, Win 10 , Saitek X65