Sign in to follow this  
twister1853

Engines Shutting Down

I had put this at the end of another topic but thought it better to start another topic.

I have the Tecnam P2006T twin engine aircraft.  Mine loads with both engines not running.  With FSX, I find that normally using CTRL+E  will start one engine and then using CTRL+E again, will start a second engine.  With my P2006T the first CTRL+E does start one engine but the second CTRL+E has no effect.  I've tried loading another twin engine aircraft with both engines running and then changing to the P2006T.  The P2006T does then start with both engines running but then they immediately shut down i.e. using the above double CTRL+E procedure will only start one engine.  Any way around this I wonder?

Make sure your fuel is on.  If this turbo prop has conditioning levers, make sure they are not in the

fuel cutoff position.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

If there's no condition lever, CTRL+Shift+F4 will set the mixture to full rich. This is a usual cause for non-starting engines when having a default cold and dark flight.

In case that still won't work, there's some custom code in the panel for engine starts and your only option is to start them by the book.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

But what I would really like is for my FSX to return to the situation that was always the case with me, i.e., when I load an aircraft, it was loaded with the engines running.  This was always the case with my flight sim.  But for some reason, some aircraft that originally started with the engines running, now do not.  I do not want to have to go through a cold and dark startup.

Sounds like something has changed your default flight.  If you fly the default flight are you up in the air in the Aircreations trike flying over Friday Harbor?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

7 hours ago, twister1853 said:

The P2006T does then start with both engines running but then they immediately shut down i.e. using the above double CTRL+E procedure will only start one engine.  Any way around this I wonder?

If you are talking about Wilco's P2006T: There is a problem with the chokes. Please check whether the chokes are in the correct position. Otherwise, the engines will either not start or die quickly.

Felix

23 minutes ago, Flyfox said:

There is a problem with the chokes.

Chokes??  Are we starting up a Model T Ford?  Maybe he's not turning the hand-crank fast enough?

Charlie Aron

14 hours ago, charliearon said:

Chokes??  Are we starting up a Model T Ford?  Maybe he's not turning the hand-crank fast enough?

Isn't that nice. Making fun of other users and at the same time offers the advice to look for 'conditioning levers'. At least chokes do exist, conditioning levers don't. 

Or maybe conditioning levers are used to get the hair conditioner more easily out of its bottle?

42 minutes ago, J35OE said:

Isn't that nice. Making fun of other users and at the same time offers the advice to look for 'conditioning levers'. At least chokes do exist, conditioning levers don't. 

Or maybe conditioning levers are used to get the hair conditioner more easily out of its bottle?

You offered one post of "no help" yourself!

My apologies:  I interpreted this aircraft as a turbo prop and not as a gasoline engine.

It should be the mixture levers.

Charlie Aron

This aircraft is neither turboprop nor a turbocharged. It is a light twin-engine aircraft powered by two Rotax 912 engines (therefore 9006T).

Felix

DOUBLE CTRL-E? I always though just one CTRL-E started ALL the engines on a plane, no matter how many it has?

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)