Sign in to follow this  
Dreamflight767

What's in your P3D hanger?

1 hour ago, Chock said:

Yup, the Dash-8 is fugly, but the Majestic one is a great simulation of it. Fortunately there's the much prettier ATR on the way from Milviz.

Yes it is ugly.

Not many turbos do it for me actually.

One i do have a soft spot for though is the C441 Conquest, because i’ve flown iin it quite a bit.

Not what i would call the most comforting aircraft i’ve flown in, felt like the fuselage would snap in half at any moment.

Although its the only aircraft i’ve flown in where the ATIS was recording the turbulence as Extreme and it survived that, so just my paranoia at play.

I just have two at the moment since I'm just get back into the simming after a few years -

PMDG 737NGX and the Just Flight P28R Arrow III.  I'll probably add the PMDG J41 when that comes out.

Hi PMDG 737 NGX Majestic Dash 8, TFDi 717 Captain Sim 737-200 Aerosoft CRJ 700/900. :biggrin:

Cesar Martinez

Current system specs 

Amd 7800x3D MPG B650I EDGE WIFI  CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB DDR5

Alienware 34 aw3418dw at 120Hz 3440x1440 ultra wide

Asrock RX7900XT 2x 2gb GB ssd drives 1 GB western digital  nvme. windows 11.

5 hours ago, Cognita said:

For me:

FS Labs A320

Majestic Q400

PMDG 747

PMDG 777

TFDI 717

PMDG 737

+1

add A2A - Comanche 250, T6-Texan

PMDG DC-6

Real Air Legacy Lanceair, The Duke 

only miss my old L-39 Albatros

now i just need "time" :cool:

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

4 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

only miss my old L-39 Albatros

Thanks

Michael Moe

It works in P3D v4.1

Just point the installer to the p3d v4 folder. I only see a minor issue with the strobes. I disable those. Try it!

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

There are six P3D v4.1 airliners that can already be considered classics:

- PMDG 737,747,777

- TFDi 717

- FSL A320

- Majestic Q400

No other (modern) simulated airliner is currently worthy of that term, whereas one should aspire to own and fly the above in all of their 64-bit glory (time and money permitting).

The only GA aircraft designed for 4.1 that are truly legendary are the 172/182/Commanche/Cherokee from A2A. Nothing from competitors can hold up next to these superb aircraft, though I've been known to 'slum it' and fly some Alabeos from time to time.

There are a couple of other aircraft that I fly on occasion, but that's more because I like the type, rather than because they are elegant simulations like the planes mentioned above.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

All the PMDG birds.  That's it.  Have done no GA flying for almost a year - whereas, I used to do that almost exclusively

12 minutes ago, ErichB said:

All the PMDG birds.  That's it.  Have done no GA flying for almost a year - whereas, I used to do that almost exclusively

I go through phases. Right now, I'm exclusively flying airliners, but a month ago it was only single-engine GA.Tonight, nothing would make me happier than a VR flight in the NGX, which is exactly what I'm about to do.:biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

My current planes are:

A2A Cessna C182T Skylane -- a total beaut and pleasure to fly.
PMDG 737NGX -- Another classic beauty, though I have not yet dived in completely. I'm just beginning to read the manuals.
Aerosoft Twin Otter -- For those Caribbean or Alaskan flights. Awesome plane.
Carenado King Air 350i -- Same as the NGX, still have to learn to fly it.

I want to master the NGX before moving on to the 717, 777, 747, A320, etc.

Also, I miss Captain Sim's 727. I can't wait for it to be released. I used to fly it a lot in FS9.

J.C.

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Microsoft Flight Simulator - i7 7700k 5.0 gHz - EVGA 1080ti FTW3 - G.Skill RipJaws 3200 MHz 32GB

Just now, jacf182 said:

Also, I miss Captain Sim's 727. I can't wait for it to be released. I used to fly it a lot in FS9.

The Boeing 727 is my favourite aircraft of all times, the shape of that plane is just gorgeous especially with flaps full down!.

Shame it is a retired bird but that is life, although If they bring it back to PD3 4.1 I would buy it again, I guess I could pretend I am flying a VIP version of it around Caribbean islands! ha-ha.

Regards,
Simbol

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

The Boeing 727 is my favourite aircraft of all times, the shape of that plane is just gorgeous especially with flaps full down!.

Shame it is a retired bird but that is life, although If they bring it back to PD3 4.1 I would buy it again, I guess I could pretend I am flying a VIP version of it around Caribbean islands! ha-ha.

Regards,
Simbol

Exactly my thoughts! Still to this day, I think it's probably one of the best looking planes of all time. That T-Tail is definitely sexy. This bird brings me back to when flying was a bit less automated and a bit more involved. I mean, look at all those gauges and needles that have been replaced by digital displays. :biggrin:

I don't really get why T-Tail Trijets aren't being built anymore, I love their looks.

• Upvote 1

J.C.

Microsoft Flight Simulator - i7 7700k 5.0 gHz - EVGA 1080ti FTW3 - G.Skill RipJaws 3200 MHz 32GB

5 minutes ago, jacf182 said:

I don't really get why T-Tail Trijets aren't being built anymore, I love their looks.

They do, look at Embrear Phenom 100, Phenom-300 and the new Legacy 500-600! beautiful planes. as a GA I love the Diamond birds all with T-Tails! DA-20, DA-42, DA-62 (this one is amazing)

You also have the Pilatus PC-24, that is a beautiful plane.. and as a airliner you have the CRJ 900/1000 also with T-Tails!

But.. nothing like a B727 :)

Regards,
Simbol

4 minutes ago, simbol said:

They do, look at Embrear Phenom 100, Phenom-300 and the new Legacy 500-600! beautiful planes. as a GA I love the Diamond birds all with T-Tails! DA-20, DA-42, DA-62 (this one is amazing)

You also have the Pilatus PC-24, that is a beautiful plane.. and as a airliner you have the CRJ 900/1000 also with T-Tails!

But.. nothing like a B727 :)

Regards,
Simbol

Oh, for sure the T-Tail is not dead yet, but I meant that you don't really see T-Tails with 3 engines anymore, such as with the 727, the Hawker Siddely Trident, the Tupolev TU-154, and those types. I guess they were not as efficient with fuel use?

J.C.

36 minutes ago, jacf182 said:

Engine wise it is the same reason quad jets aren't built any longer, not economical nor really required now that jet engines are more reliable than they used to be, hence ETOPS.

Sticking the engines at the back does make the wing aerodynamically cleaner, but with no engines on the wing, the wing has to be built stronger to resist the tendency to bend up more when generating lift without the weight of an engine to help counter that, although in fairness, the wings of aeroplanes which support an engine also need to be strong enough to take that weight when it is not flying. Having said that, the plumbing on a jet with the engines on the wing, for ice prevention bleed air, fuel piping and other controls is a bit less convoluted than on a T-Tail, so that's another disadvantage to a T-Tail.

T-tails have some aerodynamic advantages, notably better control response owing to a clearer airflow when up out of the way of the main wing, also giving them a better glide ratio, which is why you still see many gliders with them, but they have more downsides; the vertical fin has to be built stronger to absorb the aerodynamic tail down forces generated by the stabiliser, the control runs and actuators are more difficult to fit in a T-Tail, and being further away from you on a walkaround, they are harder to inspect and also slightly harder to get at for maintenance for the same reason. Last but not least, T-Tails are more inclined to suffer from a deep stall which might make recovery impossible, although I've spun quite a few T-Tailed gliders and never had an issue with recovering, so with the right design it can be avoided as an issue. Having said that, putting a rudder lock on a T-Tail glider is slightly more of a PITA lol.

But, I'm with you guys, bring on a 727 for P3D V4, it's a beautiful aeroplane which looks like it is going at 300 mph even when sat on the ground with that lovely swept back tail.

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here