Sign in to follow this  
Boomer

New CYYZ for P3dv4?

Anybody know if any developer is working on a new CYYZ?

The Fly Tampa one is getting a little dated now.

spacer.png

That scenery is like 2 years old which is nothing and im sure FlyTampa will continue to update it.

35 minutes ago, Boomer said:

The Fly Tampa one is getting a little dated

I'm neither from Toronto nor even from Canada, Chris, but out of curiosity: whai is dated about the FlyTampa version?

Released in 2015 and never recompiled for P3Dv4 64 bit, just some file updates to patch overtop of the base version.

spacer.png

A little dated? How much has changed there? FlyTampa's YYZ works great in P3D V4x.

• Upvote 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Just now, Dave_YVR said:

A little dated? How much has changed there? FlyTampa's YYZ works great in P3D V4x.

Ah then you know this first hand?

spacer.png

I fly from there regularly in v4, great airport  and works great in v4.

There’s been no major external changes at YYZ since 2015.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

21 minutes ago, Boomer said:

Ah then you know this first hand?

First hand that it works well in V4? Or what has changed so much that it requires an update already? Don't get me wrong, I'd love for airports to get updated every couple years. 

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

36 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I fly from there regularly in v4, great airport  and works great in v4.

There’s been no major external changes at YYZ since 2015.

What about the issue with Dynamic Light in the PMDG 777 and airport scenery not native to V4?  FlyTampa provided patch files for PAPI lights etc. but it's not clear if the DL performance issue exists with these patches or not.  Can you comment on that topic?

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

1 hour ago, Anxu00 said:

What about the issue with Dynamic Light in the PMDG 777 and airport scenery not native to V4?  FlyTampa provided patch files for PAPI lights etc. but it's not clear if the DL performance issue exists with these patches or not.  Can you comment on that topic?

Flying into FT CYYZ at night with the NGX's landing lights on and having no performance issues at all. Personally, I've never noticed any difference in performance between non-v4 and v4 SDK compiled airports. Just don't use SSAA settings at night but switch down to 8xMSAA which won't make that much of a difference at night, visually.

My only gripe about the scenery is that it's kind of a performance hog, even with low resolution textures installed.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

40 minutes ago, threegreen said:

it's kind of a performance hog, even with low resolution textures installed.

That's true but I remember Martin of FlyTampa explaining that there is something in the Toronto area which makes it an FPS hog area in general.
They apparently did all the performance tricks but are aware of CYYZ still being heavy.

4 minutes ago, Rafal said:

That's true but I remember Martin of FlyTampa explaining that there is something in the Toronto area which makes it an FPS hog area in general.
They apparently did all the performance tricks but are aware of CYYZ still being heavy.

I thought it was an area heavy on VAS? Anyway, there's certainly tons of autogen in the GTA, even at lower settings.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

12 minutes ago, threegreen said:

I thought it was an area heavy on VAS?

I think both, as often is, but in P3Dv4 VAS seems to be irrelevant. ;)

7 minutes ago, Rafal said:

I think both, as often is, but in P3Dv4 VAS seems to be irrelevant. ;)

Yes, bit you can still get stutters.

spacer.png

I just wish FT would release v4 installers.

• Upvote 1

Eric