Sign in to follow this  
Boomer

New CYYZ for P3dv4?

9 hours ago, B777ER said:

I just wish FT would release v4 installers.

They have great products but when it comes to installers it's been like that in the past as well, they don't really have a good/fast record in updating it. 

I still remember when we moved to v3. It was also taking long. While other developers, Flightbeam, for example has it ready almost on the first week even though FB is also a 1 man show kinda business. 

Everyone wants updates and reworked scenery complete with accurate AFCADs within spec from a week ago..... until the dev decides that all that work requires a 20$ fee to compensate.  The following posts will then say they are happy with the current version and it works fine the way it is. lol

• Upvote 3

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

1 hour ago, HighTowers said:

Everyone wants updates and reworked scenery complete with accurate AFCADs within spec from a week ago..... until the dev decides that all that work requires a 20$ fee to compensate.  The following posts will then say they are happy with the current version and it works fine the way it is. lol

Sounds like the same situation Taxi2Gate got into. Recompiled and updated LFPG for v4 adding DL and fixing some bugs due to huge request, charged a 5 dollar upgrade fee, and everyone said how they’d never buy their products again, they’re money hogs, or that there can’t possibly be enough work to justify the upgrade price. Also, another comment “BUT OTHER DEVS DIDN’T CHARGE SO WHY ARE YOU?!?!” classic. 

• Upvote 1

Plus, I’d say FlyTampa is working on enough as it is. KLAS, KBOS, and KATL. I personally don’t mind installing the patches and using the scenery until proper installers are made. I’d rather have more airports then just new installers when they really didn’t need them.

On 11/6/2017 at 5:36 PM, Milton Waddams said:

Plus, I’d say FlyTampa is working on enough as it is. KLAS, KBOS, and KATL. I personally don’t mind installing the patches and using the scenery until proper installers are made. I’d rather have more airports then just new installers when they really didn’t need them.

Agreed. Installing the patches took me about 2 mins each and all is working fine. I'd rather they fully concentrated on releasing KBOS ... which they are probably doing.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I would say that the odds of getting FT or any other dev. producing a new CYYZ is zero since the current on is fantastic and probably one of the best airport adddons ever made for FSX and P3D. Although if you look hard enough and I have it has one or two annoying graphical bugs that I reported shortly after it was released but I don't think where ever fixed. Here's a couple of CYYZ videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK3hh7SbQOU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RwHjsQzDoY

If you head over to the FlyTampa forum youll see plenty of topics on cyyz (and Vienna) ctds due to 4.1 issues. 

Shame because FlyTampa sceneries are fantastic. 

14ppkc-6.png

"LAS and BOS are almost done. They're still working on ATL."

That's what they told me on Facebook

• Upvote 2

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

2 hours ago, tooting said:

If you head over to the FlyTampa forum youll see plenty of topics on cyyz (and Vienna) ctds due to 4.1 issues. 

None whatsoever on CYYZ.....with FSX was terrible...overall good scenery. What I don't like is the fact they made Taxi signs very small to the point they are not legible and I have to watch it carefully and compare to Map....Other than that very accurate with lighting issues but nice. Unfortunately KBOS is not compatible as of yet, but once the finish I am sure will look nice. TNCM is good, light and nice....

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

2 hours ago, fakeflyer737 said:

"LAS and BOS are almost done. They're still working on ATL."

That's what they told me on Facebook

Very good to hear!

9 hours ago, tooting said:

Didn't have a single CTD on Flytampa airports since installing v4.

No matter if LOWW, CYYZ, LGAV, EHAM, TNCM or EKCH....

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tooting said:

Just because he personally isn’t experiencing it doesn’t mean that everyone else isn’t, either. That’s not what he was saying, just how he can’t relate to the problem as he’s never experienced it.

15 hours ago, Boomer said:

None of which concerns CYYZ :tongue:

I heard they’re updating and recompiling Montreal for v4 In 2018 with an updated terminal and the entire airport being recompiled for v4, could be an indication of what they might be planning to do with the rest of their sceneries. 

• Upvote 2