Sign in to follow this  
briansommers

PMDG 737NGX vs FSLabs A320 vs Aerosoft A320

1 hour ago, WotanUK said:

Sigh, this topic has gone off the rails.

Yes it has Ian, its when people read the title and nothing more. :ohmy: 

Like I said above with his spec a Q400 would be best not only for its quality of their Q400 but for the OP the performance aspect. But if he is only wanting what's in the title then for the same reasons PMDG NG.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

4 hours ago, Mitch24 said:

the fact is, the last full plane that PMDG released was back in 2013 (777).

When was Queen of The Skies II released? 

Guys, can't we just all agree that PMDG, Majestic and FSL are all awesome developers? For years, PMDG were basically untouchable and they raised the bar for study level addons (for civilian stuff at least) in recent times, a couple of developers have risen above the rest as serious contenders and we're all better off for it. 

• Upvote 2

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

41 minutes ago, Ebs said:

When was Queen of The Skies II released?  

I think he is implying that v3 was not a "full plane" because PMDG had already done the 747. Albeit years ago,but  after the remarkable statement " it would smoke the FSLabs and make it look like the little toy airplane you make from legos" I thought it was not even worth the time replying to Neil :laugh:

41 minutes ago, Ebs said:

Guys, can't we just all agree that PMDG, Majestic and FSL are all awesome developers? For years, PMDG were basically untouchable and they raised the bar for study level addons (for civilian stuff at least) in recent times, a couple of developers have risen above the rest as serious contenders and we're all better off for it. 

The more top quality makers we have the more they will push each other to improve. PMDG FSL Majestic and even the new 787 from QualityWings looks very good. I don't see the point myself in making silly remarks about any of them as they all make our hobby so much better with there top quality.

I applaud them all.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Ebs said:

have risen above the rest as serious contenders 

**Risen just below

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, klamal said:

No, FSLabs have been adding ALL the features that pretty much any type of simmer would want.

The ones like you say that just want to "play passenger" rather than pilot.  They are happy because FSLabs is giving them those features.

The ones that want to fly a study level sim.  They are happy because FSLabs is giving us the most in depth aircraft to date.

The ones that want to fly an aircraft the way it's flown in real life.  They are happy because FSLabs is giving us that. 

The ones that want a "complete FMC".  They are happy because FSLabs is giving us that.

So, you're right in that statement that FSLabs is giving the flight simmers that "love playing passenger rather than pilot" all they want.  You are right.  But they are also giving every other type of simmer EXACTLY what they want too.  This IS by far and away the MOST complete add on from any perspective that you want to look at it from.  It gives us ALL we could want.  All the bells and whistles.  And all the system fidelity.  It is PMDG but to a whole new level.  They are PMDG but with an immersion factor that PMDG has yet to completely hit.

You like playing passenger sim, some of us like to simulate actual operation. Many important features of the flight management computer had been missing for a year and still some are not there after the long awaited update. PMDG gave us a secondary flight plan on day of release of the 777 and 747. But you have your PA system and other important simulations of systems...

51 minutes ago, 777200lrf said:

You like playing passenger sim, some of us like to simulate actual operation. Many important features of the flight management computer had been missing for a year and still some are not there after the long awaited update. PMDG gave us a secondary flight plan on day of release of the 777 and 747. But you have your PA system and other important simulations of systems...

Having both the NGX and 777 along with FSL in the hangar, I can say that all 3 are very complex in terms of system functionality, aircraft dynamics, and features. I don't think anyone would argue that.  All 3 are great but you are making it sound like FSL is some toy with a lack of system integration.  That is the farthest from the truth.  All three planes simulation actual operation very well and just because you can do PA announcements in FSL doesn't make it inferior to the others!

• Upvote 2

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

17 hours ago, 777200lrf said:

16 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

Having both the NGX and 777 along with FSL in the hangar, I can say that all 3 are very complex in terms of system functionality, aircraft dynamics, and features. I don't think anyone would argue that.  All 3 are great but you are making it sound like FSL is some toy with a lack of system integration.  That is the farthest from the truth.  All three planes simulation actual operation very well and just because you can do PA announcements in FSL doesn't make it inferior to the others!

Exactly!!  777200lrf - we get that you love PMDG and nothing else on this planet can ever come close to them.  It's too bad we can't tag profiles as "PMDG Worshiper" so we could see the posts by them and just automatically discount them.

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Kevin LaMal

"Facts Don't Care About Your Feelings" - Shapiro2024

I also have all of them. And love all of them. The FSL A320 is definitely on the same level as the PMDG planes. 

The only thing I notice is that the FSL bus is pretty hard on frames for me. Especially with dynamic lights. 

But: I love that I have all of them and each one brings me joy. 

For all of you who have flown FSL A320: How steep is the learning curve coming from the PMDG NGX?

I surely am happy that there's competition among developers. The more the merrier. It can only lead to improvements and better products.

J.C.

"Not all those who wander are lost." - J.R.R. Tolkien
Microsoft Flight Simulator - i7 7700k 5.0 gHz - EVGA 1080ti FTW3 - G.Skill RipJaws 3200 MHz 32GB

1 hour ago, jacf182 said:

For all of you who have flown FSL A320: How steep is the learning curve coming from the PMDG NGX?

If you have never flown an airbus simulation before, it may be quite steep, as it is a whole different animal.
On the other hand, if you are an advanced simmer, and I guess you are since you use NGX, I would say you will need just a few days to read/watch some tutorials (e.g. this real world A320 pilot's https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCe9fggL9PwEqSyMDrlLubVw/videos ), dig around your cockpit and MCDU, and finally do some circuits.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jacf182 said:

Just as steep as the NGX Jorge. If you follow the basic tutorial that comes with the A320, that will get you started. Once you have nailed the basics, move up a level, and go to YouTube for more in depth tutorials.

I recommend Blackbox711, he is an actual A320 driver, and his videos are very good.

Edit: Rafal posted about the same time. But you get the picture.

• Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

I believe this has run it's course - no clear winner!  :biggrin:

shutting it down....

• Upvote 1

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors