Sign in to follow this  
rpowers

Tug will not push float plane away from dock

How do you get float plane to back away from dock?In real world I would give it a big push and hop onto one of the floats.Do not see this option in FSX or FSUIPC.Thanks,Ron

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

I think that is the "Hop, Skip and Jump" command using the Shift+Caps lock+Ctrl+z+x+spacebar-Pi x R squared.:laugh:

Is it possible to move forward away from the dock?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Sometimes it puts me alongside with clear shot fwd.Last night I used map and drug it back a little.Just wondered.In the Beaver I did not see a reverse lever.I have owned a marinagreat forevere and amdrug well experienced in the push off and jump on when necessary.

Bring back Chief Illiniwek!University of Illinois.

If regular pushback (Shift+P) doesn't work, nothing short of manually slewing the plane away (Y key) will.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

My addon, "Floatplane Tug Box' is in a working stage! 

I have been able to anchor offshore (swings with the wind) and moor at a dock.  It is in early alpha stage, but I will be adding the "push" and "pull" to the function soon before it goes gold.

FYI - I am offering v.1.00 as freeware as a way of saying thank you to the community. I hope to add some pretty neat stuff later, but I will provide it as payware; however, the freeware version will be fully functional for "trucking" your floatplane/seaplane around.  No idea on the cost? It depends on how well I can implement what I hope to accomplish.

FYI - I will not answer inquiries about price, features or dates, except to say I *hope* to get v.1.00 out before December. I will advise.

codetrucker

When using XMLTools, you better have struck a good deal with Tom A. in case you're going payware. So far, XMLTools may only be distributed as an external module instead of being part of a payware product.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

1 hour ago, Bjoern said:

When using XMLTools, you better have struck a good deal with Tom A. in case you're going payware. So far, XMLTools may only be distributed as an external module instead of being part of a payware product.

Thanks, I am a writer and (try to) compose music. I'm aware of legalities, but I am learning and slogging through VS2017 to make my DLL. So far it has been successful with some dev guidance and has been easier than coding the GUIs. But, thanks for watching my back. Kudos!

On ‎5‎-‎11‎-‎2017 at 7:15 PM, rpowers said:

How do you get float plane to back away from dock?In real world I would give it a big push and hop onto one of the floats.Do not see this option in FSX or FSUIPC.Thanks,Ron

Just sent you a PM.

Rob

9 hours ago, codetrucker said:

Please clue (PM) me too, if you don't mind? Thanks.

CT

PM sent ...

Rob