Sign in to follow this  
LZScout

Difficulty in starting engine

Circling back on this as I recently did a clean install of Prepar3D and moved to 4.2 which also meant a clean install of the PC-12.

• As d.tsakiris mentioned if I used the Carenado Cold & Dark panel setting I had issues starting the aircraft and had the massive torque surge on start-up.
  • If I used the Ready for Taxi panel state the aircraft started up just fine, no torque spike and the pumps and ignition both remained in Auto.

So I created a new default aircraft load state using the Beechcraft King Air 350 that's included with Prepar3D and configured it with the following conditions:

• Batteries off
  • Avionics off
  • Throttle at 0%
  • Condition levers at 0%
  • Prop levers at 0%
  • All lights off
  • Main door open

(Saved it as default, restarted sim)

Now when I load the PC-12 (directly from the menu, not loading another aircraft first) I have completely cold and dark aircraft with the door open. But I still had the startup surge issue and the fuel pumps requiring the ON position vs the Auto position. So I went back to my default King Air and set the Prop levers to 100% (everything staying the same).

I now have zero issues with the startup of the aircraft. No torque surge and the fuel pumps/ignition remain in Auto.

• Upvote 2

With me it worked. I opened a ticket, they said they would look, they did not answer me and they closed the ticket.